Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We started last season with NM, AC, FA and GM. This year we're starting with 2 of them plus the unproven Gyokeres who has been linked with another loan. Of course we need another option.

Maybe Gyokeres is this season's Ashworth / Potter 'project' to 'prove' to their paymasters that the U-23s are bearing fruit after years of being a black hole into which young players disappeared, never to be seen again

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Did you?

A propos of nothing, I just watched the man we should 'not have let go', Glenn Murray, plod around like a sleeping policeman at Vicarage Road this evening. His departure appears to have actually strengthened our striker portfolio.

Still.

Anyway, Wilson. Hasn't he gone on to be Newcastle's latest expensive flop?

Brighton don't really play with that sort of striker anymore. Certainly not for that sort of money.

I have heard, also, that we do have a new front three man waiting in the wings. Ali something. Apparently he scored loads when he played in his favoured position for a Dutch side a while ago. Top scorer, he was. I can't wait!

Muzza was our backup. We loaned him out too early. One game and you are making a judgement. Not clever TBH.

Wilson is exactly what we need. May I remind you that Potter worked with big OMcB at Swansea. Oh, and Wilson has not played for Newcastle yet.

The fact that Potter is now touting Ali J, a player he hardly played last season, as a ‘striker’ just tells me how desperate things are with respect to our strike force. That said, I really hope Ali J (a player we tried and failed to offload) finally delivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Are either better than Maupay? Wilson has only scored more than him once in the premier league. :shrug: Seems like a ton of money for no improvement on what we have.

Totally different strikers. Wilson is the type of player we need IMHO.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Muzza was our backup. We loaned him out too early. One game and you are making a judgement. Not clever TBH.

Wilson is exactly what we need. May I remind you that Potter worked with big OMcB at Swansea. Oh, and Wilson has not played for Newcastle yet.

The fact that Potter is now touting Ali J, a player he hardly played last season, as a ‘striker’ just tells me how desperate things are with respect to our strike force. That said, I really hope Ali J (a player we tried and failed to offload) finally delivers.

Good point. Yes, they are all clowns. Potter OUT! Barber OUT!!! b.w.2 IN!!!!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why? We have what we had last year and they are improving as is the midfield to feed them, I would hardly say that makes us "desperate for a striker"

We are down to 2. We should have 4. 2 of the 4 should be of sufficient quality to hit 10 goals. The other 2 should be contributing to the goal count 2. We are desperate.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Totally agree mate. A lot of our fans are totally ignorant and embarrassing. I am sure the club are working hard to find a striker who fits the mould and within budget. Makes me laugh that we just throw these names in the hat as suitable, think the club probably know a bit more than us. Be patient and I am
Sure before the end of the window, we would have improved the squad( we already have) and not broken our budget. Teams like Villa, who are a graveyard for strikers, just panic, I am sure a championship striker at 32 million is a panic buy or a big risk. Let's just wait and let the club go about their business. Let's remember we are in the middle of a crisis and we are down millions of pounds on income with no crowds, but some people expect us to spend more money.

The club bid over £20m for Nunez, and are now bidding similar for a goalkeeper (for some reason). I don’t think budget is the issue.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We are down to 2. We should have 4. 2 of the 4 should be of sufficient quality to hit 10 goals. The other 2 should be contributing to the goal count 2. We are desperate.

Are we really going to be having 24 more days of this?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yeah and we got rid of Andone very early, Murray only scored 1 goal, so effectively we only had Connolly and Maupay. As many have said and what Potter seems to be saying Ali J and Trossard need to step up. Or more importantly we need to use Ali J in the correct role.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, so many of you are freaking out that Murray has gone, yet the stats show Ali J was way more productive than him and yet people want us to flog him off.

Our club wanted to flog Ali J, but his old club said they didn’t want him. Don’t blame the fans for touting a sale.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

We need one more striker in the mould of a young Glenn.
Trying to persuade a fourth striker of sufficient quality to join us but be a bit player isn’t going to happen. To get two strikers of sufficient quality to meet your requirements is going to be upwards of 40M.

The window shuts on 5th October. The only person that is desperate is you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You wouldn't have thought that would be so hard to understand.

You would have thought you would understand timing is important but you clearly don’t.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

As, seemingly with every point you make you are so far off the mark - I do seriously wonder if you are a on a wind-up with a parody account?

Wilson is a downgrade on Maupay - why would we??!

If you actually watched Murray for Watford last night you’d know why we let him go. I’m sorry to say he huffed and puffed and plodded around and never got near a ball. And that was in the Championship -
Get real fella!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maybe Gyokeres is this season's Ashworth / Potter 'project' to 'prove' to their paymasters that the U-23s are bearing fruit after years of being a black hole into which young players disappeared, never to be seen again

I suspect they want to loan him out again but cannot, since we have failed to land the 2 strikers we need.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good point. Yes, they are all clowns. Potter OUT! Barber OUT!!! b.w.2 IN!!!!

I have always backed Potter, but I suspect the striker failure excuses have already started.

Barber still needs to get his head round the fact that market prices for strikers are market prices, and his moaning about it makes no difference.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are either better than Maupay? Wilson has only scored more than him once in the premier league. :shrug: Seems like a ton of money for no improvement on what we have.

They don't need to be better than Maupay, they need to be better than "no striker".

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I have always backed Potter, but I suspect the striker failure excuses have already started.

Barber still needs to get his head round the fact that market prices for strikers are market prices, and his moaning about it makes no difference.

I’d love to see the evidence of us not being able to afford a striker that we wanted.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Are we really going to be having 24 more days of this?

If the club don’t sign a decent striker, yes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just chill the **** out some of you - yes it’s frustrating but there’s 3 weeks left and covid has meant the old rules of the window closing after the season starts are back. We’ve signed Adam Lallana and we have 2 good strikers who won the last game playing together - just take a breath and enjoy the ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here