[Albion] So Tomorrow If Those Scousers Boo the National Anthem........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
To be fair, there are quite a few peeps on here that would be happier singing Red Flag, Ode to Joy rather than our anthem ... :wink:
Don't worry Footy G, they'll be enough people there tomorrow like you and me who still believe in Britain, backed Boris and helped get Covid-19 done, who will belt out the national anthem to drown out the boo boys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, there are quite a few peeps on here that would be happier singing Red Flag, Ode to Joy rather than our anthem ... :wink:
I’m more a The Internationale type of guy.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’ll leave it to you and your English national anthem whether to boo. It will never be a national anthem in Scotland - a song that talks about ‘crushing’ part of the so called British nation is not and cannot be a true British National Anthem
I don’t think we sing the verse about crushing rebellious Scots any more, though might be good to have it introduced for the next Calcutta Cup? 🤪

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would anyone boo The National Anthem? It’s about time they played something decent rather than that middle of the road shite we’ve had to endure since time began.

I’m pleased you boooo with such gusto.

I’m sure there will be a few royal fans but yeah, let’s drown them out boooooooooooooo!
I’m allowed my opinion and didn’t bother going into the opinions of others. To sing our national anthem also doesn’t make you a ‘royal fan’ - in my opinion it just makes you English…

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
The government of this country literally planned a forced decline of the city of Liverpool at one point in the not too distant past, and Everton fans still have to live with the tired stereotypes being trotted out by the rest of the country on a semi-regular basis. Anybody who think Everton fans won’t boo is probably a bit naive. Will it be as loudly as Liverpool fans? No. But It’ll happen.

Fair play to them too. Blind patriotism should be reserved for people from boring soulless towns without their own identity. I can kind of understand why somebody from Stoke or Milton Keynes would want to cling to some kind of identity like a limpet. But somebody from somewhere as unique and vibrant as Brighton or Liverpool? No thanks.
Don‘t forget that historians would say Brighton is only what it is as a town/city because of its royal past. Doesn’t mean you have to like that fact but the royal family has shaped its very existence and raison d’être, more so than almost anywhere else in the country.

Those Liverpool fans also make the rules up as they go along. It almost seems to them as though Heysel never happened, that they never sung tragedy songs about Munich ‘58 before today leading the clamour for the end to tragedy chanting, that they didn’t boo Patrick Evra after he was racially abused by Suarez. I understand their political problems with the elected Government, not sure how replacing the monarchy with an elected President actually helps them with those concerns. The day I take my lead from them is the day my brain stops working.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I’m allowed my opinion and didn’t bother going into the opinions of others. To sing our national anthem also doesn’t make you a ‘royal fan’ - in my opinion it just makes you English…
I'm a W3I'er like you and I will be singing it. 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don‘t forget that historians would say Brighton is only what it is as a town/city because of its royal past. Doesn’t mean you have to like that fact but the royal family has shaped its very existence and raison d’être, more so than almost anywhere else in the country.

Those Liverpool fans also make the rules up as they go along. It almost seems to them as though Heysel never happened, that they never sung tragedy songs about Munich ‘58 before today leading the clamour for the end to tragedy chanting, that they didn’t boo Patrick Evra after he was racially abused by Suarez. I understand their political problems with the elected Government, not sure how replacing the monarchy with an elected President actually helps them with those concerns. The day I take my lead from them is the day my brain stops working.

They’re not interested in influencing you.

Lots of people have a different view to you, especially from a part of the country allowed to go into economic decline. You can add the tabloids/police/officials cover up on the avoidable tragedy at Hillsborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports