[Albion] So Tomorrow If Those Scousers Boo the National Anthem........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The UK won’t move forward while the multiple barriers to progress on merit are in place. The only thing I’ll be singing today is the praises of the Albion (he says hopefully).
What ' multiple barriers ' and in what sectors?
I don't see barriers in sport, or business, or the arts, or politics.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm with @sheebo ... It looks like we are in the minority on here ... or is it just that boo boys shout the loudest on here and many with a different point of view just feel there's no point expressing it.

I'll be singing the National Anthem anyway!

Lots will, nsc ‘political’ threads are never a cross section of public views :lolol: .

I’m might myself, not least because I think we bad lucked out with an awful tune.

The French, Irish and Dutch by contrast have great anthems. Brittania and Jerusalem have that too imho.

If some Albion and Everton supporters want to boo it, it’s their preogative.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lots will, nsc ‘political’ threads are never a cross section of public views :lolol: .

I’m might myself, not least because I think we bad lucked out with an awful tune.

The French, Irish and Dutch by contrast have great anthems. Brittania and Jerusalem have that too imho.

The Italians too, best anthem in the world IMHO

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When an England match is shown on tv the camera usually zooms in on the players faces when the National Anthem is playing, most seem to not be enjoying the moment, some don’t really want to sing.
I usually cringe when I see this and wish they wouldn’t shove the camera in the player’s faces.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When an England match is shown on tv the camera usually zooms in on the players faces when the National Anthem is playing, most seem to not be enjoying the moment, some don’t really want to sing.
I usually cringe when I see this and wish they wouldn’t shove the camera in the player’s faces.

They’re all daydreaming of Bentleys and totty (not Totti).

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Although go to an England rugby international at Twickenham and our anthem is sung properly and with gusto. Took a Brazilian friend along and they noticed the clear difference between how it’s sung and perceived at rugby compared to football.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Shame this guy wasn’t allowed to use his prerogative.

IMG_8333.png

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’ll be respectfully booing under my breathe so as not to upset any royalists around me, as Roger Waters said, ‘hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way…’

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They do it so if any of them aren’t then The Sun will have their hate target for the week

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm with @sheebo ... It looks like we are in the minority on here ... or is it just that boo boys shout the loudest on here and many with a different point of view just feel there's no point expressing it.

I'll be singing the National Anthem anyway!

The empty vessels make most noise :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
True, can’t believe I forgot it.

I picture their football or rugby teams almost crying as they belt it out.

Just remembered another, the tune/passion of the Welsh national anthem is special.
Hardly surprising that the country that birthed Puccini can produce a song that is both uplifting and memorable. And yes, it was composed by Verdi another great, but I happen to enjoy Puccini more!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Absolutely … and thank goodness 👍
Of course … I didn’t suggest they shouldn’t. Sadly, even a smaller number of angry people booing will be louder than those trying to sing the National Anthem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports