Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the penny has finally dropped: Back up sought for Ulloa

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
1-3 ratio must make him a proven goalscorer. Close to what Murray got for us and you'd say he was proven, wouldn't you?
I imagine he must have thought he'd be competing with Vokes for playing time.

Not in the Championship though. In League 1, yes, he is a proven goalscorer. Average striker in the Championship, I'm afraid, but no longer our problem. I hope we do better or else we can kiss the play-offs bye bye for another season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
1-3 ration makes him a proven goalscorer. Close to what Murray got for us and you'd say he was proven, wouldn't you?
I imagine he must have thought he'd be competing with Vokes for playing time.

Murray got his goals with us in League 1, in the Championship their records are very much different.

Barnes - 33 goals from 119 games - roughly 1 in 3
Murray - 38 goals from 88 games - roughly 1 in 2

And competing for Vokes ? Really ? Vokes has scored 17 so far this season, Barnes has got 5. He is very much a back-up for them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray got his goals with us in League 1, in the Championship their records are very much different.

And competing for Vokes ? Really ? Vokes has scored 17 so far this season, Barnes has got 5. He is very much a back-up for them.

Too right.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

So, Murray's a proven goalscorer because he got more goals whilst playing upfront than Ash did playing left wing?
Find me a more prolific Championship winger and I'll accept your summary.
Oh and whilst you're doing that, care to explain how 1 in 3 isn't proven?

Physique-wise, he's more similar to Vokes than Ings. This is the fella who thought cup games won us points. Don't rule it out.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So, Murray's a proven goalscorer because he got more goals whilst playing upfront than Ash did playing left wing?

Physique-wise, he's more similar to Vokes than Ings. This is the fella who thought cup games won us points. Don't rule it out.

Your the one who compared Murray to Barnes - Murray is a striker, Barnes is a striker who also played on the wing. Similar physique yes - but goalscoring abilities arent similar.

Should also be remembered that Vokes wasnt brilliant for Burnley last season too.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
53 goals in 170 games does not make him a proven goalscorer.

And if he really signed and expected to be starting games with Vokes and Ings in red-hot form, then yes he would have been a bit thick. Should either of them get injured though, then he would start for them.

probably went to Burnley to cover the sale of Ings , but that didn't happen......

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Barnes went to Burnley because they offered a longer contract with higher wages. He is better than the 2 replacement's brought in thus far to replace him and the club obviously now see there is an issue because we are once again looking for a striker to compliment Ulloa

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Your the one who compared Murray to Barnes - Murray is a striker, Barnes is a striker who also played on the wing. Similar physique yes - but goalscoring abilities arent similar.

Should also be remembered that Vokes wasnt brilliant for Burnley last season too.

I did that purely because I imagine most people consider Murray a proven goalscorer.
When played upfront together in League one, they got around the same amount of goals. In the champ, they barely ever played together up top. Would love to know Ash's scoring record when played upfront. I imagine it'd be 1 in 2.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I did that purely because I imagine most people consider Murray a proven goalscorer.
When played upfront together in League one, they got around the same amount of goals. In the champ, they barely ever played together up top. Would love to know Ash's scoring record when played upfront. I imagine it'd be 1 in 2.

That'll probably because they played for completely different teams !!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
and the club are looking to help Ulloa out........:clap2:

Fvcking shocking its taken this long!

And quite frankly a bit disturbing why the penny hasn't dropped until now. Lets be honest we all think we know best sometimes on here but fvck me this has been so obvious to see for ages.

If we could see it, why couldn't those charged with running our team see it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh and whilst you're doing that, care to explain how 1 in 3 isn't proven?

Really!!?? Barnes is a winger now. Er, no, he isn't. He was backup to Leo, and did a reasonable job as a striker. He was regularly awful on the LHS of midfield. He is now a backup striker to probably the best striking partnership in the Championship.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

6 in 24 THIS season. Which is 1 in 4. Muzza never played for us in the Championship BTW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here