Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So proud of the lads

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Except for his shooting he was immense, best game I have seen him play, sorry to disappoint you

Disappointed? I think he might be gutted. Little chance to gloat and spout the usual negative gibberish

Spence sees NOTHING positive about Albion points won

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would of been happy with same point , against same team from last season under CH , at roughly same time of season , so what have we gained under GP.

Entertainment. Actually enjoying games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think given our current run of form, and theirs, a point is a good result. The players worked hard, showed determination to get something for the game, and were rewarded with a clean sheet. Our lack of finishing is still a major concern. By the sounds of it Bissouma put in a good performance, deservedly man of the match by all accounts.

There's just something that feels wrong about being "really proud of the lads" and thinking a performance was "immense, fantastic" when we're talking about a 0-0 draw at Wolves (a place at which we have a very good recent record). I mean, it's a game of football, so talk of being 'proud' of a league performance just seems weird to me, anyway. It's the sort of talk that should be reserved for cup games where your team has given it a really good go against a strong opponent from several divisions above, not someone who is in the same division, with no recent history of dominating the English game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And potential. We have the potential to be a much better team as seen in some of our earlier games. Maupay, Connolly, Alzate, Bissouma, Ali J, Lamptey, McAllister feels like it has potential to be really good.

Great point...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think given our current run of form, and theirs, a point is a good result. The players worked hard, showed determination to get something for the game, and were rewarded with a clean sheet. Our lack of finishing is still a major concern. By the sounds of it Bissouma put in a good performance, deservedly man of the match by all accounts.

There's just something that feels wrong about being "really proud of the lads" and thinking a performance was "immense, fantastic" when we're talking about a 0-0 draw at Wolves (a place at which we have a very good recent record). I mean, it's a game of football, so talk of being 'proud' of a league performance just seems weird to me, anyway. It's the sort of talk that should be reserved for cup games where your team has given it a really good go against a strong opponent from several divisions above, not someone who is in the same division, with no recent history of dominating the English game.

Up to you if you choose not to see how tough that game was for the team in their current run of form. Wolves have only lost to big clubs at home this season. We finished the stronger team and our past record means F All. I too thought it was a fantastic point, we stayed strong and limited a very good team who have been scoring goals for fun to pot shots. I was proud of them

We all react differently, I saw plenty of negative stuff on the match day thread so clearly we are all different :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Would of been happy with same point , against same team from last season under CH , at roughly same time of season , so what have we gained under GP.

Did you go to last season’s game ? Performance was dreadful and a template for subsequent ultra defensiveness. Today was much better and makes me think we will actually leave our half of the pitch in the remaining games.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

At this point every game is a cup final, just about 10 times more economically valuable than winning the FA Cup.

And while Wolves got "no recent history of dominating the English game", they are still a very good team. People still see them as this club were Jody Craddock could steal a living for ten years and where everybody was named Kevin or Stephen. Those times are over, they are now a continental style club who will be challenging for big titles if they keep Jorge Mendes happy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You can’t be rubbish at scoring. You can be rubbish because you haven’t scored when you should have scored. When you have scored you are no longer rubbish.

Please address all replies to Pedants R Us at . . . . :D

You could be rubbish at scoring by scoring lots of not very good goals,........

In which case, who would care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here