Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So.. Players wise, what do we need now?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just a striker please because despite his goal today, CM-S is simply not up to it at this level.
Other BHA fans agree.
End of.

Sadly, have to agree. I love Macca, but even though we won today, I was still concerned about where goals are going to come from. The chance towards the end summed it up for me, Macca had 2 yards clear on 2 defenders and didn't even manage to get a shot away.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would like a technically good striker (able to go to the near post and shoot with both feet). Colunga seems to fit the bill.

Stumpy Tim

Similar goal scoring record and similar circumstances to joining us is all (presuming his contract has been cancelled). I'm not the sort to start writing players off, but, you'd have to admit it would be a bit underwhelming if it was our main replacement for Ulloa? He's 29, hasn't scored a huge amount of goals in the last few years. 4 in 27 games last year including 16 starts.

The difference being Rodrigues had the record playing in the second division, while this guy plays in the top flight.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Winger and main centre forward proven goal scorer then we would be set think both will come in next nine days

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes.
Full back closer to a starting place than Maxi or Chicksen.
We signed Bennett, probably hopeful to get him to sign perm in January/next summer.
Younger center half, ideally a developmental chap, but idk who could fit the bill/step up, so maybe a signing would be needed.
Thats Maxi. He's a CB now.

It's already looking like COG was a waste of money though. Barely played since the season started, not looked like breaking back in, and falling further down the pecking order if we sign a proper BEASTMODE striker.
Not sure about the waste of money. He's a squad player. He's played so far with a lesser team around him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sadly, have to agree. I love Macca, but even though we won today, I was still concerned about where goals are going to come from. The chance towards the end summed it up for me, Macca had 2 yards clear on 2 defenders and didn't even manage to get a shot away.

This. Ulloa or Buckley would have buried it. I just knew CMS was going to muck it up!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's already looking like COG was a waste of money though. Barely played since the season started, not looked like breaking back in, and falling further down the pecking order if we sign a proper BEASTMODE striker.

???

2022192788.jpg

Sensational signing if true... The flairniacs would go into meltdown. Not sure he's really what we need though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This. Ulloa or Buckley would have buried it. I just knew CMS was going to muck it up!

And there I was thinking he scored the equaliser! And produced a fantastic shot tipped onto the bar. Agree re Ulloa, but not Buckley...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And there I was thinking he scored the equaliser! And produced a fantastic shot tipped onto the bar. Agree re Ulloa, but not Buckley...

No, you are right. He did. I am happy that he played.

I just didn't think he was going to score from his easiest chance.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
INs

Striker ( Baldock ? )
Central defender ?
Lenihan ?

OUTs

Fenelon (loan)
Agustien
Maksimenko (if we bring in another defender)

REFUSE ALL BIDS FOR OTHER PLAYERS.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We, like everybody else, need a big time goalscorer, but playing with CMS not instead of.
So even though CMS set up his own poachers goal by supplying Bruno.
Needed a world class save to deny another spectacular goal.
Pulled their defence apart, all game, creating the space that didn't exist v Wednesday :lol:
You were able to sagely stroke your chin and say 'I knew he wouldn't score'.
Here's hoping it was only your chin you were stroking.

Ulloa wouldn't have made the space in the first place.
Buckley would have scored, if he was playing, having done none of the hard yards in the previous 89 minutes. (head turned or not)

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
when Sami played COG and CMS it was not as a traditional partnership
CMS was pushed back as a attacking midfield/support striker and it did not suit.
When he replaced COG we have looked a lot better .
I think colunga may have technique to play as that supporting striker
replacing kemy/crofts in recent starting line ups.
Can we find /afford a replacement for CMS up top is the question?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we get Lenihan (and even a right back isn't urgent), then we don't need anyone in my books. For those slagging off Colunga, have a look at his goalscoring record, have a look at his goal highlights, have a look at his technique, have a look at his pace, and reflect that this has been done in the top tier in Spain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We, like everybody else, need a big time goalscorer, but playing with CMS not instead of.

So even though CMS set up his own poachers goal by supplying Bruno.
Needed a world class save to deny another spectacular goal.
Pulled their defence apart, all game, creating the space that didn't exist v Wednesday :lol:
You were able to sagely stroke your chin and say 'I knew he wouldn't score'.
Here's hoping it was only your chin you were stroking.

Ulloa wouldn't have made the space in the first place.
Buckley would have scored, if he was playing, having done none of the hard yards in the previous 89 minutes. (head turned or not)

Well put......Ulloa doesn't have anything like the pace (or attitude to run selflessly) to have created that chance. There were a few crosses he might have got on the end of though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If we get Lenihan (and even a right back isn't urgent), then we don't need anyone in my books. For those slagging off Colunga, have a look at his goalscoring record, have a look at his goal highlights, have a look at his technique, have a look at his pace, and reflect that this has been done in the top tier in Spain.

This is NSC. It's much better to write someone off immediately. Then, if one player fails you can say I told you so while ignoring all the other players who you wrote off as rubbish have done well.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011

But Ulloah would still have Ben jogging 10 yards behind! Ulloah has been very good for us, especially with the transfer fee. He seems a genuine guy but he isn't that good a striker.

Any of these gave as good a return in terms of goals didn't they?: Fred Binney, Ian Mellor, Malcolm Poskett, Michael Robinson, Glenn Murray, Terry Connor, Andy Ritchie etc etc

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011

But Ulloah would still have been jogging 10 yards behind and Buckley would have been back on the bench that late in the game. Ulloah has been very good for us, especially with the transfer fee. He seems a genuine guy but he isn't that good a striker.

Any of these gave as good a return in terms of goals didn't they?: Fred Binney, Ian Mellor, Malcolm Poskett, Michael Robinson, Glenn Murray, Terry Connor, Andy Ritchie etc etc

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's obvious that we still need to replace Ulloa. That person can be a different sort of player but they must be a proven goal scorer, someone with pace and power. Someone whom we can have reasonable confidence in that they'll score the 20+ goals needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here