Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, over 700 dead......

theroyal

May 11, 2014
But I thought God was meant to be omniscient, and if he had known something like this was going to happen as a result of "free will", why would he not want to stop it?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A sad tragedy made a little sadder by posters using it to further their anti Islam agendas.

RIP

It’s not anti-Islam, it's an anti-God vibe. Never before in our history have we witnessed world events like we are seeing today so it is not surprising there is heightened disillusionment with the whole religious agenda :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A God who allows free will, does not predestine everything and is horrified at some of the things we get up to - including some of the things done in his name - or her name.

so nothing matters; **** it, do what you want, maniplulate the vulnerable, you mean

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
eh? all religions have murdered children in the name of their god.
what, do you, mean?

All religions might have murdered children in the name of their God, but would anyone seriously think that any God would actually want that to happen?

But anyway, I took the original comment to which I replied to indicate that a religion would dictate how you did things totally, when it should actually make you think more about everything, in my view.

And no, I don't see the attraction of the Hajj.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A God who allows free will, does not predestine everything and is horrified at some of the things we get up to - including some of the things done in his name - or her name.

Is a Tsunami or earthquake anything to do with free will?......the bloke(or woman) who created tectonic plates has much to answer for

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Pardon????? That sounds like a comment made out of complete ignorance to me. Quite the opposite is true.

This is not an ignorant view.

When asked about Iraq; Blair has said that “God will judge him”. He is not interested in the Hague judging him whilst he is alive. Therefore he has absolved himself from personal responsibility and any conscience whilst he is living. If he needs God to remind him of the hell and devastation he facilitated in Iraq we have a massive problem.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
But anyway, I took the original comment to which I replied to indicate that a religion would dictate how you did things totally, when it should actually make you think more about everything, in my view.

and they crushed each other to death. they are as intelligent as you; in my view; and yet they still did it, again; why?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The only real solution to these problems is to create a tolerant, secular world where all faiths are respected and can be practised safely.

even the ones that want to take over, dominate or mistreat those in their faith or others in the name of their religion? oh.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is not an ignorant view.

When asked about Iraq; Blair has said that “God will judge him”. He is not interested in the Hague judging him whilst he is alive. Therefore he has absolved himself from personal responsibility and any conscience whilst he is living. If he needs God to remind him of the hell and devastation he facilitated in Iraq we have a massive problem.

we have a massive problem

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is a Tsunami or earthquake anything to do with free will?......the bloke(or woman) who created tectonic plates has much to answer for

of course not. free will is a cop-out for relgion to attempt to solve the problem of evil, but fails because most problems arent due to man and those that are could be solved by a benevolent, omnipotent god. free will means he aint ominpotent, and as such , aint much of anything. might as well pray to Hlin, or the noodly one.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It’s not anti-Islam, it's an anti-God vibe. Never before in our history have we witnessed world events like we are seeing today so it is not surprising there is heightened disillusionment with the whole religious agenda :shrug:

Much of it is anti religion but some posts are definitely anti Islam. Although it looks to me like a safety/security **** up than a religious incident per se.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Much of it is anti religion but some posts are definitely anti Islam. Although it looks to me like a safety/security **** up than a religious incident per se.

If we take away the tragic personal loss, it is easy to see the irony of the biggest religious gathering in the world killing 1000 people in two weeks.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Outraged over here.

Outraged on behalf of the outraged.

I'm more outraged than you, but less than my other half who isn't as outraged as my neighbour, but is less outraged than the bloke across the road, who is more outraged than me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
or maybe there is an all powerful God and he just kills people because
A/ he has a plan for everyone
B/ he enjoys it

NB in the interests of diversity he could be a she or transgender

Oddly after years of hating religion i never felt closer after the terrible shorham accident and hoped that everyone involved would be cared for and looked after. I guess in hard times you hope there is a higher power.

But when 700 people die because of religion. It just shows how really its a load of shit which controls lives even if you believe or not its very sad people doing something they love.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If we take away the tragic personal loss, it is easy to see the irony of the biggest religious gathering in the world killing 1000 people in two weeks.

I have long considered the havoc caused by religion but cannot be sure that it would not simply be replaced by something else. Fanaticism seems to be a deep set need for many people, without God to focus this on I would imagine they would find something else.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A sad tragedy made a little sadder by posters using it to further their anti Islam agendas.

RIP

very sad that so many have perished but it has happened before and will happen again , the sheer frenzy these guys whip themselves into in the name of religion is way beyond most westerners comprehension......put 3-400,000 pilgrims in an enclosed area and there are bound to be accidents.imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here