Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, over 700 dead......

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
so it's true, the public have no common sense or morality unless it's been constructed by a group of ancient MEN who made up fairy stories??? then we as a race don't stand a chance

Of course they do. But it was religion that gave us the fundamental first 10 commandments. To me they're common sense albeit with a religious start point.Which even though I'm not religious are a good set of principles to live by and which I try to live my life by. If we hadn't of started with those 10 how much of a cluster**** would the world be now? Nearly all of the things that make the news are a direct result of not obeying them. There would be no sense of morality or balance to judge things if they didn't exist in the first place.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
3 million feel compelled to go to Mecca to throw stones at a pillar.

Nothing good is ever going to come of that, no matter how many safety / crowd control measures are put in place.

Thee million very ignorant people .... I mean, come on, all that way to throw stones. At least when most of us go on our travels we find a nice beach, an interesting city, or some stunning scenery. And generally we try to get away from crowds.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Atheism hasn't been around long enough to be considered to be a reasonable alternative to the Abrahamic religions. Besides, none of us know whether God exists or not, we can only have faith in our beliefs.

The only real solution to these problems is to create a tolerant, secular world where all faiths are respected and can be practised safely.

This is a terrible tragedy in a country with little respect for human life - suffice to say, it wouldn't happen in Europe.

Some say football is a religion, two words, Leppings Lane.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm not religious by any stretch but I think that is wrong, without religion there would be no conformity, without conformity rules are impossible to enforce so it would be survival of the fittest. And that is the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it.

look into the core of you very being man. humans new what the score was and then invented the cloud with a face on to confirm the truth, we already knew, c'mon

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Of course they do. But it was religion that gave us the fundamental first 10 commandments. To me they're common sense albeit with a religious start point.Which even though I'm not religious are a good set of principles to live by and which I try to live my life by. If we hadn't of started with those 10 how much of a cluster**** would the world be now? Nearly all of the things that make the news are a direct result of not obeying them. There would be no sense of morality or balance to judge things if they didn't exist in the first place.

could the lord not have taken a second or two to decree,

"THOU SHALL NOT MOLEST CHILDREN",

it seems to me we should decide for ourselves and those we disagree with should be separated from society

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Atheism hasn't been around long enough to be considered to be a reasonable alternative to the Abrahamic religions. Besides, none of us know whether God exists or not, we can only have faith in our beliefs.

The only real solution to these problems is to create a tolerant, secular world where all faiths are respected and can be practised safely.

This is a terrible tragedy in a country with little respect for human life - suffice to say, it wouldn't happen in Europe.

Everything points to God not existing. Nothing about it makes any rational sense. Why should I hear of God speaking to others whilst I am left in his silence?

It was once an innocent theory that was manipulated and turned into mankinds biggest lie to feed an overwheming desire for his own power.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ok I'm scratching my head?

we are by far and away the most sociable creature ever to have evovled. a sense of 'fairness' or common decency,(how to behave) is burnt into the core of our DNA.
running around like loons, lobbing pebbles at a rock, en masse, cos everyone else is, is obviously a bit suspect. these people are at the wrong end of the 'exploiting the niche you find yourself in' scale. they have eschewed logic, to enhance the quality of their childrens lives, and have plumped for luzzing shit about. and then they crush each other to death, whilst desperately trying to save JUST themselves; it all looks a bit monty python to me

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Terrible tradigy. Surely events like this show there is no god.

or maybe there is an all powerful God and he just kills people because
A/ he has a plan for everyone
B/ he enjoys it

NB in the interests of diversity he could be a she or transgender

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A sad tragedy made a little sadder by posters using it to further their anti Islam agendas.

RIP

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
To worship a God is to absolve yourself from personal responsibility.

Pardon????? That sounds like a comment made out of complete ignorance to me. Quite the opposite is true.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I think the big question is, what kind of God would allow 700 of his followers to die in agony on a pilgrimage in his honour? Just saying.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
he
Thee million very ignorant people .... I mean, come on, all that way to throw stones. At least when most of us go on our travels we find a nice beach, an interesting city, or some stunning scenery. And generally we try to get away from crowds.

Yeah we do, and then from nowhere comes one of these stone throwers with a machine gun......

This might make a few mad on here, but hell who cares....

Feck em, if your thick enough to believe in a god and throw stones at an inanimate object.... I wonder are they worthy of evolution, what are these people going to do to move us forward as "forward thinking peace loving to all humans"

It's 2015 think for yourself, my religion is better than yours..... Some of us have moved on..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think the big question is, what kind of God would allow 700 of his followers to die in agony on a pilgrimage in his honour? Just saying.

A God who allows free will, does not predestine everything and is horrified at some of the things we get up to - including some of the things done in his name - or her name.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
3 million feel compelled to go to Mecca to throw stones at a pillar.

Nothing good is ever going to come of that, no matter how many safety / crowd control measures are put in place.
better this than throwing stones at someones head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here