Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Mr Bloom, when do you show your hand?....

When do we sign a striker?

• By Friday night

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • By Sunday night

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • On transfer deadline day

Votes: 72 43.4%
  • Not at all, we are not signing one

Votes: 78 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment the club haven't kept it a secret that they have been looking to land one, potentially for a lot of money. For this reason people will continue to speculate and to a certain extent expect a signing.

In fairness, the club haven't really said anything. All the reports re strikers have come from South America.

The club are definitely looking for a striker though. I just think it will be very harsh to call the transfer window a failure if we don't get one. And, we seem to have a new thread re strikers every day at the moment and it's not necessary.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In fairness, the club haven't really said anything. All the reports re strikers have come from South America.

The club are definitely looking for a striker though. I just think it will be very harsh to call the transfer window a failure if we don't get one. And, we seem to have a new thread re strikers every day at the moment and it's not necessary.

In absolute fairness, though, at 1minute 59 seconds on the Paul Barber interview on seagulls.co.uk he makes the comment that the club are looking to 'increase the firepower upfront'. This was after the Knockhaert signing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In absolute fairness, though, at 1minute 59 seconds on the Paul Barber interview on seagulls.co.uk he makes the comment that the club are looking to 'increase the firepower upfront'. This was after the Knockhaert signing.

It's hardly a big statement though. Most clubs will be looking to increase their firepower. You could argue Sidwell will bring us goals from midfield, which will increase our firepower.

My point is the club never publicised all the South American stuff and never talked up the budget. They've been very cagey presumably so they don't get fans hopes up (which has clearly failed).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly right, we know the players who are available it's just a case of whether Tony decides to push the boat out...

If only getting a striker was purely down to money, eh? Sure, it plays a big part, but if you have two or three clubs after one striker, there are lots of factors to be considered.
I am happy with this transfer window, and enjoying this season. If we hadn't had the awful number of injuries, we would be right up there in any case. If we do get a striker in, then it's the icing on the cake.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's hardly a big statement though. Most clubs will be looking to increase their firepower. You could argue Sidwell will bring us goals from midfield, which will increase our firepower.

My point is the club never publicised all the South American stuff and never talked up the budget. They've been very cagey presumably so they don't get fans hopes up (which has clearly failed).

I thought we were being fair. Your comment was that the club hadn't really said anything - being fair they had.

Sidwell is not a 'firepower upfront' signing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Hughton admitted we were interested in Calleri.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton admitted we were interested in Calleri.
Very true.

I don't get the desire to obfuscate the fact that the club have publically stated that we want to bring in a striker.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
With Remy and Pella both being linked to Leicester today.....i know im living in dream land but hey its the final few days of the window.. I am allowed too

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Remy and Pella both being linked to Leicester today.....i know im living in dream land but hey its the final few days of the window.. I am allowed too
A half season loan could perhaps be done ???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Relates to this thread how?

I don't even understand your question? The OP has asked when we will sign a striker, the answer is we have already signed one, and a top one at that. He's had some sickness problems but I think these are resolved?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here