Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it seems we are focusing on the loan transfer market....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Realistically we've got very little chance of finishing in the top two when you look at the signings the likes of QPR can make and the money Forest are spending based purely on their owner's wealth and in flagrant disregard of FFP. The team we have is perfectly capable of finishing in the playoffs if it all clicks, so no point breaking the bank for a gamble that's unlikely to come off. And when it comes to knowing whether a gamble's worth it, I think we're in pretty safe hands....

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Of those who have spent -

QPR are not a team I would want us to copy, it's a huge gamble, and they're supported by parachute payments.
Reading - Parachute payments
Bolton - Parachute payments
Wigan - Parachute payments
Forest - clearly ignoring/bending the rules of FFP using sponsorship investment. What they are doing again is a gamble, and unsustainable if they fail to make it
Watford - Only really brought in loans from the owners other two sides.
Leicester - a lot of cutbacks, sold Ben Marshall, let Beckford leave, tried to offload Konchesky, and have signed a L1 left back and a player i'm assuming we turned down the option of signing (Dean Hammond).

Those spending big then are supported by parachute payments, and/or making a massive gamble. I'd rather we live within our means.

With an £8 Million loss, Id rather we controlled the money we were losing rather than panic buy players the management feel we dont need. Our finishing position last season WAS good enough to get us up unfortunately a certain Mr Poyet decided not to at HT in the Play-Off 2nd leg.

Yet again, a minority of our fans are being a joke this evening and are throwing toys out of the pram - embarrassing.

These.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Our tickets have gone up considerably I don't think its unreasonable to expect some of that extra cash to be spent. Ulloa signing in january should have no bearing on what is spent this season, we supposedley have a similar budget to last season so the money should be there. Saying that the squad is better than this time last year means nothing , its no better than that which finished last seaso and if you hadn't noticed wasn't good enough to get us up so improvement IS needed if your happy for the club to tread water that's up to you....I'm not!

The squad was good enough to get us up.

But it didn't get us up - subtle difference - just didn't turn up and do the business for the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here