Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it seems we are focusing on the loan transfer market....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
but they're not fully fit and we're lacking quality back up. A side full of loans will not get us up. All our main rivals have bought in decent signings and we're getting left behind , so my arrogant friend I think you are the one that needs to get real and grow up.

We now have a 2 week break to get them fit. Watford had an ENTIRE team of loanees and got to the play-off final. Palace's winning goal in the final of course was down to 2 loan players.

Now, stop throwing your toys out of the pram and grow up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
With plenty of clubs cutting back there's some good value in the loan market. Far rather that than joining the last minute panic buying, which we don't need anyway with the talent we've already got in the squad. Bar Bridge, we're no worse off than last year.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Back to doing things on the cheap then, 20 odd thousand STH's and we cant compete in the transfer market. Mid table if we're lucky.

*This isn't a reaction to today's lack of activity, it's the fact that all we've got in is loans and an unproven kids. Whats the point of a transfer budget if you don't f ucking well spend it?

We spent £2million on Ulloa in January. Did you really expect us to be splashing the cash. If Bridcutt goes in January you'll see some movement but right now we have to be realistic. We can't compete with parachute payments, nobody can.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
All our main rivals have bought in decent signings and we're getting left behind .

Of those who have spent -

QPR are not a team I would want us to copy, it's a huge gamble, and they're supported by parachute payments.
Reading - Parachute payments
Bolton - Parachute payments
Wigan - Parachute payments
Forest - clearly ignoring/bending the rules of FFP using sponsorship investment. What they are doing again is a gamble, and unsustainable if they fail to make it
Watford - Only really brought in loans from the owners other two sides.
Leicester - a lot of cutbacks, sold Ben Marshall, let Beckford leave, tried to offload Konchesky, and have signed a L1 left back and a player i'm assuming we turned down the option of signing (Dean Hammond).

Those spending big then are supported by parachute payments, and/or making a massive gamble. I'd rather we live within our means.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Our tickets have gone up considerably I don't think its unreasonable to expect some of that extra cash to be spent. Ulloa signing in january should have no bearing on what is spent this season, we supposedley have a similar budget to last season so the money should be there. Saying that the squad is better than this time last year means nothing , its no better than that which finished last seaso and if you hadn't noticed wasn't good enough to get us up so improvement IS needed if your happy for the club to tread water that's up to you....I'm not!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Our tickets have gone up considerably I don't think its unreasonable to expect some of that extra cash to be spent. Ulloa signing in january should have no bearing on what is spent this season, we supposedley have a similar budget to last season so the money should be there. Saying that the squad is better than this time last year means nothing , its no better than that which finished last seaso and if you hadn't noticed wasn't good enough to get us up so improvement IS needed if your happy for the club to tread water that's up to you....I'm not!

With an £8 Million loss, Id rather we controlled the money we were losing rather than panic buy players the management feel we dont need. Our finishing position last season WAS good enough to get us up unfortunately a certain Mr Poyet decided not to at HT in the Play-Off 2nd leg.

Yet again, a minority of our fans are being a joke this evening and are throwing toys out of the pram - embarrassing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
With an £8 Million loss, Id rather we controlled the money we were losing rather than panic buy players the management feel we dont need. Our finishing position last season WAS good enough to get us up unfortunately a certain Mr Poyet decided not to at HT in the Play-Off 2nd leg.

Yet again, a minority of our fans are being a joke this evening and are throwing toys out of the pram - embarrassing.

Nail hit firmly on head :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You really are being a tool. Since last years squad we have a far better balanced midfield a replacement LB (agreed not the same quality but still good) a further LB added to which we have retained and appear to be going to retain our best players. Probably our best player only joined mid season, had it been from the start we would likely to be playing a league higher. You are in a different place to most of the reasoned posters on here. If I was you I'd take the evening off.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The embarrasing thing is that certain supporters are not prepared to question the fact that we haven't improved the squad over the summer. I'm don't expect wholesale changes but I do expect us to attempt to upgrade the squad. Never mind though we can always use our get out of jail free card and blame poyet for not getting us up, I for one am begining to believe his hit the ceiling rant

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
You really are being a tool. Since last years squad we have a far better balanced midfield a replacement LB (agreed not the same quality but still good) a further LB added to which we have retained and appear to be going to retain our best players. Probably our best player only joined mid season, had it been from the start we would likely to be playing a league higher. You are in a different place to most of the reasoned posters on here. If I was you I'd take the evening off.

You really are an arrogant cock. Someone doesn't agree with your blinkered opinion so they are0atool and need to take the evening off:bla:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The embarrasing thing is that certain supporters are not prepared to question the fact that we haven't improved the squad over the summer. I'm don't expect wholesale changes but I do expect us to attempt to upgrade the squad. Never mind though we can always use our get out of jail free card and blame poyet for not getting us up, I for one am begining to believe his hit the ceiling rant

But why do we need to improve a squad that was already good enough? Hardly embarrassing. Added to which I and many others believe we have already improved our squad without the need of this stupid manic day. As I posted above if Ulloa was signed pre-season last year we would likely to have been in the Premiership. As far as I'm aware he's still with us so it's HAPPY DAYS.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You really are an arrogant cock. Someone doesn't agree with your blinkered opinion so they are0atool and need to take the evening off:bla:

Hardly blinkered just a bit wiser, perhaps. Arrogance it not one of my traits as far as I'm aware but I'm a realist. This club was on it knees a few year back and you and I have had no part in reality in bringing this club into the position it finds itself in now, that belongs to our very rich chairman and him alone.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

You really haven't got a clue have you mate.......

Read post #26 again. There's a good lad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Back to doing things on the cheap then, 20 odd thousand STH's and we cant compete in the transfer market. Mid table if we're lucky.

*This isn't a reaction to today's lack of activity, it's the fact that all we've got in is loans and an unproven kids. Whats the point of a transfer budget if you don't f ucking well spend it?

Kemy Augustien is a permanent signing.
Andrews and Ward are season long loans - as good as signing a player on a one year contract.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Kemy Augustien is a permanent signing.
Andrews and Ward are season long loans - as good as signing a player on a one year contract.

Indeed. In fact, better as it's surely very unlikely that we're having to pay all of their wages. As with Bridge, the use of the loan system is allowing us to be competitive even in a division that's ridiculously skewed by parachute payments.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

:tantrum:

but they're not fully fit and we're lacking quality back up. A side full of loans will not get us up. All our main rivals have bought in decent signings and we're getting left behind , so my arrogant friend I think you are the one that needs to get real and grow up.

:tantrum:

:shootself

:cry:

:tantrum::shootself:wozza::rant::cry::ffsparr::tantrum:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Agree with you...look at the larger picture....todays society wants instant success.....come the FP rules there will pa nic in some clubs...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
The problem is if you don't spend you are standing still while others move forward. There will always be clubs with parachute payments so we have a choice. Take a gamble and spend the money to get us into the prem and possible future parachute payments. Invest in a world class academy and hope that every twenty years we can produce someone weans ell to make a profit.
Or spend nothing, get a few loan deals in and keep our heads above water in our shiny new stadium.
Personally I'm hoping we didn't spend because Oscar hasn't been around long enough to evaluate the squad sufficiently in order to target the correct players we need to get us up.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So you don't agree with HIS blinkered opinion and you come out with calling him an arrogant cock for not agreeing with you...name calling really...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here