Well?

• Better than Solly March?

Votes: 92 89.3%
  • Worse than Solly March?

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Deflated and tired. Was up at 5 for work so not really had to time to relax, I'm sure I'll be fine by Wednesday.
I work with supporters of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham, Palace, and all have been very supportive as they all seem to despise United and their wanky plastic fans.
I sincerely hope Solly isn't feeling too down today. Shit happens, I hope he gets a cracking reception Wednesday and at our next home game.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Flat but positive. We went toe to toe with one of the world's biggest clubs for 2 hours in a pressure match and outplayed them for long stretches. That's something to celebrate. If we'd got through, history suggests league form could tail off in the approach to a Cup Final we'd be 90% certain to lose. As it is, every motivation remains to nail the top 6 finish we deserve. I'd happily take 6th and an FA Cup semi-final as better than 8th and a Cup Final defeat. Just need to crack on.
This.

I feel fine, obviosuly very dissapointed but we didn't do enough to win the game. On penalties, someone has to miss. We need to channel that energy into the run-in now. With RDZ I'm sure we can do that. Just a shame, would have loved to have seen us in the final and had 'our moment' celebrating yesterday.

Ah well.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
What was pleasing was after the first 5 minutes we settled and we got in a rhythm of playing our game, dictating play a lot. It seems we need to create a doz chances to stick 1 away at times, but we are exciting to watch. Despite losing im focussed on a Euro place via the league and of course beating manure at the Amex. I had 2 hours of top quality football. Just a shame Wembley has such sh1te facilities and we didnt win. As others have said flip side is no more (this season) over inflated tickets the scramble to get one and awful tube journeys. We go again and need to bounce back beat NF.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just frustrated and worried that are small squad will come back to bite us in the run in
Just a couple of experienced players in Jan bloom and we would be in a better position

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As has been said elsewhere on various threads, because of the injuries, specifically to Ferguson, Lallana, Jeremy S and Lamptey we effectively got found out squad quality wise in extra time.

Just putting this out there, who has more chance of nicking us a goal in ET, Undav or Maupay (had we not flogged him)?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
A bit gutted, but would like to add that the majority of us thought we’d win this game. Man U playing long, sitting off. Just shows how far we’ve come really. I hate pens, but the game has to be won somehow. Back to the run in now. UTA.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
in general I feel fine. Disappointed to lose but not in any desperate rush to return to Wembley and see us play against City. Felt worse after a defeat and penalties are always a lottery.

my concern would be how this impacts the players over the next 9 games. Forest is a massive game. We look knackered and lacking options at present. The added impact of losing on penalties now has a mental impact.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Looking forward to revenge. I hope we can sing "we support our local team" at the Amex and silence those entitled tw@ts. I fvcking hate manure.
Yeah, must admit driving home to Shoreham last night it was amazing the amount of Man Utd Cars and flags that were heading South.

I know my geography isn't great but I thought Manchester was up North?

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Pretty shit. Disappointed re yesterday, but mainly because my Dad was cremated this morning. He was a big Albion fan who took me to my first games in 76. He was at Wembley for the replay in 83. Gutted that we couldn’t win for him yesterday.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve cheered up a bit now after not being happy first thing, I’m still in a “never going to Wembley again mood” though.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Confused. Now I come to think about it with a clearer head, why no Colwill? At all?
I don’t know about the ‘at all ‘ bit of your post, but I thought Webbo played pretty well and also scored his penalty. I suppose Levi could have come on for someone else in a change of tactics, but not as a straight swap for Webbo and I can’t see that he would have made a material difference to the defence if he had started in his place.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I don’t know about the ‘at all ‘ bit of your post, but I thought Webbo played pretty well and also scored his penalty. I suppose Levi could have come on for someone else in a change of tactics, but not as a straight swap for Webbo and I can’t see that he would have made a material difference to the defence if he had started in his place.
I thought Webster played very well yesterday. He didn't even commit his weekly webster error! Solid game.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
A little bit sad about what might have been, would've been amazing to be in the FA Cup final, and I wish for once we could just have that tiny bit of luck to do over the big boys in games like yesterday. I'm not disheartened though. We have a very special club from top to bottom, we'll bounce back and we have another nine cup finals to go to grab that European place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pragmatic, I have saved an absolute fortune on not having to go to Wembley for the final :wink:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As a few others have said, I'm not nearly as upset as after Spurs two weeks ago. If we'd made it to the final we almost certainly would have lost, so the silver lining is that we can now focus on the league - I know it's a cliche, but in our case I think it has a ring of truth. And here's another cliche - instead of one cup final in June, we have nine cup finals - starting in two days' time! [EDIT: Just seen the same comment from Grizz, just above!]

Hopefully the lads can re-group quickly, and be as philosophical as I am :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here