Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how are you feeling about tomorrow?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I am still trying to decide if I am going to actually watch it or not. Part of me thinks I just have to, while part of me thinks why put myself through the agony of us winning only for Barnes to score a 95th minute own goal or some other twisted end.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I think a point for Reading. I am not that worried as I like The Championship and although I would be first to crack a bottle if we went up, part of me would wish we hadn't.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
There's a guy at work who fancys himself as a bit of a mystic/medium. He's been laughing at my play off nerves for weeks saying "it's decided mate, calm down, I've been told you're going up" and last season he told me we'd lose in the play offs.
But then again this is the same bloke who told me he once talked briefly to the ghost of Elvis who asked him to get in touch with Priscilla about a red hat.
Mad as a bicycle

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Will be joining my girlfriend in her cycle of her £100 bike up to her sister's at about 9.45. Only 4 and a bit miles, but hilly. I'll be running alongside her. I hope she pedals slowly. I'll stop off for a quick cuppa and apparently to admire some new flooring the sister has had done. I don't remember the last flooring to be honest, but i'll look at it, possibly poke it and stroke it, and make out it is a now truly remarkable glossy floor. Stretch the legs and run back. Home for around 11.37 i reckon with a newspaper and some water and maybe a sly can of Tizer which will become my good luck drink if we win and Reading lose. I don't think i have any trepidation or anxiety over the game itself as i expect little, but will be excited from kick-off onwards seeing the lads do what they can and won't scream at my laptop at the end of the match to make we should have done so much better even if on the day we could have. And then i'll go to bed with a prize sudoku and nap perhaps after finding around 22 numbers and letters.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think a draw is the best we can hope for at Forest. If we can scrape that, it is down to Reading and whether they can avoid defeat. Burnley are very solid but home advantage suggests they will. The bookies have got it about right.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After being indifferent all week, nerves have kicked in now.

It's completely out of our hands - I know that - but we have to give ourselves a chance and win the game tomorrow and then make Reading do the same.

But, and I'll say it, I'm not sure we can win tomorrow.

As you know, we might not need to. From this point, I'd be utterly delighted if we made the play-offs, and had a great day out at Wembley. Am really not that fussed about promotion though -- and this means that I won't be that upset if things don't go our way tomorrow, as is most likely, but only just -- as the Championship is such an exciting league unlike the us and the Premier League scenario, which points to the fact that we're not ready for it at present. Give it another year, or if needs be two, and give Oscar the chance to buy and develop a squad that he thinks is capable of making it, that's ultimately what causes excitement. And all of that is basically how I've felt all season. I'm hoping that's how I feel next season.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I tend to be a bit of a pessimist (especially externally), that way I can be pleasantly surprised if things go our way. However, I decided to dig out FIFA this evening (not played for about a year and I am really rubbish) to play the 3 deciding games for the final play-off place. I started as Wigan against Blackburn; Blackburn won 1-0. Then I played as Burnley against Reading; happily Burnley won that game 1-0. So we were left needing a draw against Forest; we won 2-0 courtesy of goals from Buckley and Upson. So now, rather uncharacteristically, I'm quite confident. But who knows really eh? Not until early tomorrow afternoon, so until then, let's just try to enjoy still being involved going into the last game of the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think a draw is the best we can hope for at Forest. If we can scrape that, it is down to Reading and whether they can avoid defeat. Burnley are very solid but home advantage suggests they will. The bookies have got it about right.

I'm not a gambler, but do do so every now and then. I really think they've over-compensated on Reading. They've got them as odds-on favourites to win. Against a team that have won automatic promotion. Who have a manager that works wonders and has nurtured one heck of a team spirit. And for a team that have not suffered with a big squad who haven't suffered with injuries to the extent that that spod Adkins claims, but have just had the most random set of results all season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Relaxed about our game, as im resigned to Reading winning, and rendering our result irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here