Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So delighted to see things not be 100% Perfect

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My faith in Albion fans on here has been restored by this thread!

Just remembered Holla's free kick - we hit the woodwork 3 times and Stockdale didn't make a save all game. My word we were unlucky!

Jan 30, 2008
There was a father and son combo in our row today who managed to miss 40 minutes of the game by the simple ploy of arriving late, leaving their seats early before half time, returning late after half time and leaving early at the end (before Forest's third goal).

I saw five goals. They managed to see one.
still paid their money though , they can do what they like:facepalm:
regards
DR

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Played well today especially first half. We're incredibly unlucky not to win let alone draw. Worrying that again we didn't get the points we deserved - some poor set piece defending and not clinical enough up top again (just to counter balance my first point.) Yet still some people can't take losing on the chin and have to make out we were crap. We weren't.

First half and the last 10 we played well. Would not have been surprised if we'd made it 3-3. We were not crap, I agree.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No not me but so many of the total morons who come to games and seem to actually revel when things don't go well.

It's the making of us though. One of our proudest achievements in football was finishing 2nd bottom of the entire football league (our joint lowest ever finish)

A half empty glass can also mean a refill.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some people on here get way too worked up about what other people do. Just enjoy the match the way you see fit and stop moaning about what others get out of their match day.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It's just a reaction to thinking we'd turned the corner when in reality we still have the same squad, the same players, the same struggle with FFP, the same battle with relegation and the same believers and doubters in equal measure. The contrasting emotions have caused a fair few to jump the fence into doubter-mode and on a screamingly cold day when hope disappeared yet again, I can't blame people for thinking that leaving early was the best option.

I can question their thought processes though... but I shant. :wave:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
it`s supporters money that club wants more than the physical presence....If they pays their money and watch half/miss five mins at end...I`ve no problem with that...I`m with two other ST holders and if game dead on about 88 mins we take it in turn to get car near for quicker getaway. This saves us prob half hour.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If everything was 100% perfect..Win 5-0 every week...week in week out...Perfect performance from every player....30,000 brighton fans in unison...How dull would football be?...How dull would NSC be.?

It`s the variety..that makes for excitement and anticipation...Will we beat Cardiff ? has the corner been turned ? Is Blackpool/Forest games us back to normal ? Who will score next goal ? where are the next three points coming from?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
It's the making of us though. One of our proudest achievements in football was finishing 2nd bottom of the entire football league (our joint lowest ever finish)

A half empty glass can also mean a refill.

and I fully agree with refilling an empty glass at the first opportunity:whisky::whisky:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Having read the many replies and other views I guess I do have to agree that all pay their money and its up to them if the choose to leave early, I still don't like to see it though.

But I still can't get my head around the ones who take pleasure when things go wrong, it's the 'willing' of something poor to happen so that they can ridicule it.

Hey ho

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Will we beat Cardiff ? has the corner been turned ? Is Blackpool/Forest games us back to normal ? Who will score next goal ? where are the next three points coming from?[/QUOTE]

No.
No.
Yes.
Agustien.
Middsboro ( a )

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Will we beat Cardiff ? has the corner been turned ? Is Blackpool/Forest games us back to normal ? Who will score next goal ? where are the next three points coming from?

No.
No.
Yes.
Agustien.
Middsboro ( a )[/QUOTE]

A confident supporter Then!!!!!!!!!!!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I had a couple of absolutely miserable, sad old sods behind me today.

Even when we scored, all they had to say was "I'm sure we'll still lose, we always find a way to mess it up" and every single comment all game was negative about the team, or one of the players (Stockdale seemed a particular target). 90 minutes and not one hint of positivity from either of them at any stage.

I feel your pain but you can't really fault their analysis.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
No not me but so many of the total morons who come to games and seem to actually revel when things don't go well.

Biggest example today ... some total f I n g dumb nut sitting WSL block F and I would guess circa Central of row O or P who, when Kayal came on and his first touch of the ball was not the best it could have been, let out almost a cry of glee .. honest I could not believe it, just how bleed in g bad is it?

But the same tw at almost wet himself with excitement and leapt around like a demented idiot when he scored !

Just why do these dickheads bother coming to a match? I'm becoming more convinced that they actually want to see us fail.

just F off, stay at home, and don't bother coming. Go and support some premiership team via means of looking At them on a TV screen.

And if by chance it was you, and you are reading this thread I hope you are so very proud of yourself, you are a D I C K

Well said as always mate!

Presumably it was that semi-bald idiot we both hate. Row O, WSL, Block F

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Did you go then as well? if so god you missed a great last 10 minutes . still I bet it was fun in the short queue if you were there:lolol:

How was it a great last 10 minutes? It didn't change the result. All it offered was some scant consolation to those that see a narrow defeat as more acceptable than a larger deficit. It didn't hide the mistakes and inadequacies that had gifted a moderate opposition three points. All it did was serve to add to the frustration of the previous 85 minutes when we dominated for long periods, created chances and then decided to chuck it all away..
You can try and justify that staying to the end somehow makes you superior to those that left early but the fact is that a great number of fans had seen enough when the third went in. They are paying a lot of money to watch seasoned professionals make schoolboy errors and continue to place our club in grave danger. Some of our players are playing their hearts out, others are not. We have a good manager who is being let down.
It is the choice of the individual at what time they leave a game of football. It shouldn't matter to anyone else. If 20,000 walk out at 85 minutes its their choice and an indication that things are not right and they are unhappy. One poster said that a couple walked out at 62 minutes when the second went in. Seems to me they were good judges. Clearly they don't like seeing their team lose and they could sense the way the game was going.
The majority of those that left early will not be losing any sleep that they missed ' a great ' last ten minutes. They had already had a gutful of frustration in the previous 85 minutes. They will look in the media and still see that we lost 2-3. Most of these fans go the Amex to see BHA win. They have only seen three home wins all season and are not getting any value for money. Is it any wonder, on a bitterly cold day, that once more their patience was tested to the limit and was finally broken when we gifted three points to a very average side.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our home form for two seasons has been poor and beyond that prolonged spells of poor quality. The home 'product' for the price is questionable, so no wonder patience is thin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here