Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So can we expect yet another apology?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thank god we won - would've been scandalous if we'd lost/drawn yet again after poor officiating. Surprised nothing was made of it on motd but I guess there was lots to talk about re our performance and the goals!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Indeed - I cant believe the lunge at Fergy that forced him off wasn't looked at either. Anywhere on the pitch that's a foul. Should have been 2 pens
Yep I don’t understand that, he got the header away but it’s still a foul, there was the one at Villa a couple of weeks ago where the player shot and missed and was then wiped out, referee gave a pen.

Lack of consistency/consistently s**t

The hand ball, I thought it wasn’t intentional but that hand has prevented a possible goal scoring chance, whether by accident or not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A f*** up again from VAR, it was very easy to see in the highlights on the Brighton website. Outstretched arm and he tapped it back to the keeper with his hand. Really poor officiating again

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Looking in the wrong direction, running and an arm not in an unnatural position IMO. We would have been absolutely livid if that was against us. Not a penalty for me.
Suggest you take another look. He is directly looking at the ball arm fully outstretched trying to lever himself in front of Estupiñán and bats it back to the keeper.

image0 (7).jpeg

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep I don’t understand that, he got the header away but it’s still a foul, there was the one at Villa a couple of weeks ago where the player shot and missed and was then wiped out, referee gave a pen.

Lack of consistency/consistently s**t

I disagree. They are consistent, you just haven't adapted to the new rules. They consistently refuse to give Brighton penalties. Once you accept that, it's hard to argue with their decisions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
tough one to spot in real time but yet another total dereliction of duty from VAR
I agree probably missed by the ref but VAR should have seen that it's clear as day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It should have been a pen but I don’t think it was anything like as egregious as the one we got the apology for personally

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't think it was a penalty. If your arm isn't there you're not running or jostling properly, so its a natural position.
It was hand to ball away from his body and propelled the ball towards his keeper.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Indeed - I cant believe the lunge at Fergy that forced him off wasn't looked at either. Anywhere on the pitch that's a foul. Should have been 2 pens
I have always thought it's a massive oversight in football. If a player gets a shot/header away, whatever happens after the ball hardly ever gets picked up on. Elsewhere on the pitch and it's classed as a late tackle and sanctioned. What's the difference?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here