Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So are we going to make another first team signing?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So we were :lolol: Apologies.

I reverted to defending the strikers, it’s a default reaction at the moment :wink:

You were right re the strikers.....

You know I’m a Hughton fan, but it was peculiar to buy forwards and not rest Murray. I guess the only defence is that both Big Jurg and Andone were injured when they arrived......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m really liking the way our team is coming together with a bit of strength in depth and flexibility re: formations and player positions but Stephens is standing out like a sore thumb as the weak link for me. I really hope we do sign a replacement for him.

Good squad player though and will maybe allow Kayal to move on for first team football.

It's mad isn't it, how every manager/coach at the Albion has had Stephens starting for him when experts-on-the-game-albion-fans can so clearly see he is rubbish.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's mad isn't it, how every manager/coach at the Albion has had Stephens starting for him when experts-on-the-game-albion-fans can so clearly see he is rubbish.

Lol. I agree. They must see something we (generally) don't. Will be interesting to see if he can do more forward passes than sideways and backwards with a different mandate to play. Only then can we say with certainty imo.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Cheeky bid for Zaha, anyone?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
This is the time when everyone has been waiting and waiting....nothing doing for a player and for whatever reasons, things suddenly open up and things become possible....I have a funny feeling we will still go large on a Central midfielder..2 seasons running we went for Delaney and nothing....Maybe we will get some luck with Sanders Berg? things change very quickly now...(look at Zaha this afternoon as an example)

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
This is the time when everyone has been waiting and waiting....nothing doing for a player and for whatever reasons, things suddenly open up and things become possible....I have a funny feeling we will still go large on a Central midfielder..2 seasons running we went for Delaney and nothing....Maybe we will get some luck with Sanders Berg? things change very quickly now...(look at Zaha this afternoon as an example)

Wouldn't be surprised if we went back in for Camerasa, he seems destined for the Prem this season, has been linked with both Burnley and Palace who seem pretty confident they will sign him.

How sweet would it be to sign him on the same day they lose the SEGW. I thought he did very well at Cardiff last season and would add excellent competition to our midfield.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Things change all of the time. Brians tweet says nothing dramatic on last day...next tweet maybe one in and couple out....obviously things still in balance..

Would imagine Owen is going down the route of managing expectations. Given how Naylor used to hype things up at times with his 'club legend returns' report who turned out to be Dean Hammond. Owen seems to opt to be more low key which I like.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given how Naylor used to hype things up at times with his 'club legend returns' report who turned out to be Dean Hammond.

This was 7 years ago and on an unprecedented evening (4 signings !) . . The rather more sober tweets from Naylor pre deadline day in all the other windows - of which there have been plenty, like Owen today, outlining whats happening or rather whats not happening - most forget.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This was 7 years ago and on an unprecedented evening (4 signings !) . . The rather more sober tweets from Naylor pre deadline day in all the other windows - of which there have been plenty, like Owen today, outlining whats happening or rather whats not happening - most forget.

So what your saying is the one time we had a busy end to the window - Naylor got it wrong, but the other times where we made barely any late signings - he got it right? You must admit that the latter is easier to predict than the former especially taking into account the club will give him prior notice that they don't foresee any signings being made, so easy to tweet 'Nothing much expected today'

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That 'legend' tweet was pretty unforgivable though. No way was Dean Hammond ever a legend at BHA. We got carried away (I know :ffsparr:) and thought it was Bobby Z.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
The coaches have been moved on but the experts-on-the-game-Albion-fans of NSC are still here spouting their wisdom

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So what your saying is the one time we had a busy end to the window - Naylor got it wrong,'

Agreed the Hammond tweet perhaps struck the wrong tone for some but that’s one window 7 years ago - and that’s one announcement out of dozens and dozens of signings in the last decade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here