Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So are we going to make another first team signing?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I think Drinkwater is a real possibility as a loan with a view to buy, and a possible trumping of Newcastle's bid for the French right back. I think that would be us done then with few out of the door on loan or sold.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we're going to be serious about blooding some of the u23's then we shouldn't go filling the squad with ageing reserve types
Good point worth considering.

Do we really want to block the progress of Alzate, Băluţă, and Richards etc. by signing another central midfielder ?

Now if - by surprise - Pröpper, Stephens, or Kayal is off, then there is a stronger case for bringing one in.

Maybe an U23 rightback should be priority - and Jayden Bogle then becomes the obvious target.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Do we really want to block the progress of Alzate, Băluţă, and Richards etc. by signing another central midfielder ?

No.

Potter turned McBurnie & James into Premier League players last season. I’m sure that he’d love to do the same with some of our youngsters. We have an embarrassment of riches at CM in the U23s.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Amuses me that people think a new CM would oust Stephens from the team when its far more likely to be Propper

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know we'd all like a game changing/dominating midfielder but they cost money and we've already spent 60m this summer. I'm not sure we're going to be spending significantly more.

I'm also not convinced it's as essential as it was last year. Potter's formation doesn't appear to leave a solitary striker stranded 40 yards from everyone else. I'd be delighted if we did sign a midfield beast but I think it's a position that is no longer on red alert. I'm willing to reappraise this opinion a few games in!
Excellent paraphrasing of my post (#22)!
:thumbsup:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Has anyone had a count up yet? Do we have room in the 25? Apologies for the lazy question.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amuses me that people think a new CM would oust Stephens from the team when its far more likely to be Propper

Potter's not the manager I thought if his view on the Valencia game would be to drop Propper.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is another forward on the horizon seemly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Im sure his opinion will be based on more than just 1 game.

Of course but as Propper was back to his best v Valencia after a couple of months working with Potter it's hard to imagine he'd then drop him due to some odd myopic prejudices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here