Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Another insult. Pathetic post.

IMHO I think you are insulting everyone on here with your continual "my source" giving you info that we are not allowed to know about
would you do me a favour tell your "source" to keep his/her info to themselves as you keep inferring about it is getting right on my tits

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OK - so it was clearly more difficult to understand than was first thought :facepalm:

Telling someone something in confidence that they don't repeat but just allude to without actually divulging anything is not the same as breaching the trust. Journalists do it all the time without problems. Do you have a clue what BW was told other than it involved what Gus allegedly did?

I think it's you that is having trouble comprehending, but I'll steer clear of posting a patronising smilie.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
*Sigh* For the last time, I couldn't give a shit about BW, my point with him was about his 'look at me' posts because of his 'senior source', not his opinion of Gus. And Mo was describing Gus character, which let's face it is not a secret, not the decision they came to or how it was handled. I don't support anybody's viewpoint because the facts are not known - by ANYBODY who posts on NSC. As has been said before, IF the facts come out, then I'll make my judgement.

Now then, do you understand that or shall I draw you picture?

No need to trouble yourself, I'm looking at the picture Gus painted.

The very public angry mass “Hi All” email sent from Gus to everyone in AITC & BHAFC at all levels of employment is enough factual proof for me of inappropriate conduct even if he was an :angel: beforehand.

I presume that you find this forgivable?

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Telling someone something in confidence that they don't repeat but just allude to without actually divulging anything is not the same as breaching the trust. Journalists do it all the time without problems. Do you have a clue what BW was told other than it involved what Gus allegedly did?

I think it's you that is having trouble comprehending.

no and I don't want to know thanks it will be far to one sided for me anyway
is BW a journalist then or are you just alluding to that

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

The very public angry mass “Hi All” email sent from Gus to everyone in AITC & BHAFC at all levels of employment is enough factual proof for me of inappropriate conduct even if he was an :angel: beforehand.

I presume that you find this forgivable

did you see him write that then?

edit
I have said in other threads and maybe this one I would not trust any one of them including Gus but I do like to see a bit of fairness

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I think it's you that is having trouble comprehending.

Is BW a journalist then? Journalistic licence is very different to something a friend / acquiantance might have told you. Telling somebody in confidence means that nobody else should know you even know.

Otherwise it's not complete confidence.

And anyway, BW was using his 'senior source' link to back up his point and form his opinion, which in retrospect was either misguided or plain narcissistic.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
no and I don't want to know thanks it will be far to one sided for me anyway
is BW a journalist then or are you just alluding to that

When you get an opinion or statement from one person it does tend to be one sided

As for the journalist bit, once again you TOTALLY miss the point

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IMHO I think you are insulting everyone on here with your continual "my source" giving you info that we are not allowed to know about
would you do me a favour tell your "source" to keep his/her info to themselves as you keep inferring about it is getting right on my tits

We've been here before. See my earlier post on this (if you can find it!).

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I presume that you find this forgivable

Why don't you try reading my posts? It's clear balance and reasoning are beyond your capacity, but I have said that I couldn't actually give a sh1t about opinions, just facts. If those facts are never made public, I won't be able to make a judgement.

And for the record, no I am not precious enough to get uptight about a ranting e-mail. It wasn't aimed at me personally, and considering it was supposed to be an internal e-mail, I really don't understand why you would be precious about it either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For the record, I'm not a journo, or a narcisist.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why don't you try reading my posts? It's clear balance and reasoning are beyond your capacity, but I have said that I couldn't actually give a sh1t about opinions, just facts. If those facts are never made public, I won't be able to make a judgement.

And for the record, no I am not precious enough to get uptight about a ranting e-mail. It wasn't aimed at me personally, and considering it was supposed to be an internal e-mail, I really don't understand why you would be precious about it either.

It was a ridiculous email tho' wasn't it?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For the record, I'm not a journo, or a narcisist.

I am sure you must be one of them
"now look here I have a friend in the club quite high up and he has told me whats what but unfortunately I can't tell you because you are not me ,see"

I presume that you find this forgivable?

I think most fair-minded and reasonable people would excuse and mitigate it given the uniquely unpleasant nature of the Palace dressing room incident and the fact that Gus would have been reeling from the disappointment of the result.

Of course, those people actually looking for reasons to justify a pre-determined decision to sack him won't forgive, that's obvious to all.

Tribunal chairmen are fair-minded people. I've covered a fair few industrial tribunals and I've seen far worse things than this kind of stuff (eg abusive screaming matches) not ruled by them as gross misconduct.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think most fair-minded and reasonable people would excuse and mitigate it given the uniquely unpleasant nature of the Palace dressing room incident and the fact that Gus would have been reeling from the disappointment of the result.

Of course, those people actually looking for reasons to justify a pre-determined decision to sack him won't forgive, that's obvious to all.

Tribunal chairmen are fair-minded people. I've covered a fair few industrial tribunals and I've seen far worse things than this kind of stuff (eg abusive screaming matches) not ruled by them as gross misconduct.

And yes, it was sent barely 24 hours after the Palace game, and having met the CE during the day. Emotions were clearly running high.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am sure you must be one of them
"now look here I have a friend in the club quite high up and he has told me whats what but unfortunately I can't tell you because you are not me ,see"

No, I'm neither. Sorry but I'm not accepting that. Like you, I'm posting my opinion.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And yes, it was sent barely 24 hours after the Palace game, and having met the CE during the day. Emotions were clearly running high.

I, too, never had a problem with that email, in fact it made me smile.

I, too, never had a problem with that email, in fact it made me smile.

Yep, if there are indeed 4 gross misconduct charges as Gus appeared to indicate in his Sky appearance, this particular one I don't think will detain the tribunal that long.

Good to see you getting stuck into a good verbal scrap, thought that was more my style than yours :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here