Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not that one, there is another one that I can't find unfortunately

It's dead simple to do a search on the Argus website. I put in Arsenal Poyet and came up with three pages of articles which mention both names. None of them have any touting in them. The link I posted was the pre match interview.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's rich from coming from you

I think you might be confusing me with someone else
as I have said before I like fairness
I don't like people who profess to know something about someone but won't/ can't tell anyone I am willing to wait until the TRUTH comes out if it ever does and until then lets have a little fairness
yes I like Gus he wears his heart on his sleeve and is gobby has opinions like anyone else
I also like Tony
I love the CLUB
thats why this fiasco gets right up my tits

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did Gus Poyet sleep with B.W.'s missus or something!?

It's an irrational hatred bordering on some crazy obsession! 43 posts of defaming Gus and counting... (and this isn't the first time he's done this)

Well, if anyone would know about cray obsessions, it would be you.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
but all this heated discussion could have been avoided so easily

TB sorry Gus I think this is the end of the road
Gus Ok TB so do I
we can talk money in a few weeks after the hols (either)

there simple no one gets hurt what ever went on

Maybe, just maybe something went on that is unforgivable

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
for Christs sake that was what he was paid for what happens on the pitch.
I hate fergie but would always respect what he was paid to do win things

Fergie earned the right to say what the feck he liked, he has won everything. To even think about making comparisons with a manager who has a league 1 championship and a couple of decent finishes in the Championship on his cv is laughable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and thats it is it

as I said before aspiration
touting would be ringing them up and offering yourself to them surely he was not asking any of those clubs to take him on

Do you understand the difference between touting yourself and applying for a job when you are contracted to another one?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For me, one of the poorer things that have came out of these months of nonsense is this idea that, if you are are a true Brighton fan, you have to agree with everything the board does. That's a very complacent idea. I guess the rest of us, even when we hand over our thousands for season tickets, just have to accept we're a lesser kind of fan for asking questions and not toeing the official line. Cheers Merry Prankster.

I see little evidence of an "idea" emerging that a true Brighton fan agrees with everything the board does (your post is the first time I've heard such a thing mentioned; I guess it might serve as a useful device to flag your own credentials for being some sort of crusading seeker-of-truth).

On the contrary, what I DO see (at least on this forum) is a lot of threads and posts disagreeing with many decisions and actions by the board; in fact, a casual observer may come to the conclusion that Paul Barber is the devil incarnate. The subject of these disagreements has ranged from how Poyet was treated, to the club's PR and communications, the transport levy, ticket prices, ticket release policy, membership schemes, e-cash etc etc.

But thanks for being there to provide me with the truth and justice I'm too complacent to seek myself! :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fergie earned the right to say what the feck he liked, he has won everything. To even think about making comparisons with a manager who has a league 1 championship and a couple of decent finishes in the Championship on his cv is laughable.
the only comparison I was trying to make was they were both paid to do something on the pitch nothing other than that

Do you understand the difference between touting yourself and applying for a job when you are contracted to another one?
how was he touting did he contact any of those clubs
I wonder how many times Oscar will mention Barcelona while he is here

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to say The Large One has played an absolute BLINDER in this thread. Good work fella :thumbsup:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
For me, one of the poorer things that have came out of these months of nonsense is this idea that, if you are are a true Brighton fan, you have to agree with everything the board does. That's a very complacent idea. I guess the rest of us, even when we hand over our thousands for season tickets, just have to accept we're a lesser kind of fan for asking questions and not toeing the official line. Cheers Merry Prankster.

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that in the absence of any proof to the contrary, as a Brighton fan, I will support the club. They appear to have gone to enormous lengths to do this correctly, if a tribunal or court finds that they have acted wrongly then I shall look differently at it but until that day I shall continue to trust them and support them. I have no reason not to.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is there anyone who wants to paint Gus as angel?

I've yet to meet anyone, or read anything on here, that backs that up.

Now that would be an amazing piece of PR!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Does your source know you use him/her on here... and is he/she friends with Ernest's source?

I DO know if I was your source I'd be coming round your house to have a quiet word about betraying trust.

I shared what I was told. Take it or leave it. Time to move on from Gus and his spurned girlfriends on here. These are the real 'sensitive souls' who really need to move on and get behind Oscar, Tony and the club.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I shared what I was told. Take it or leave it. Time to move on from Gus and his spurned girlfriends on here. These are the real 'sensitive souls' who really need to move on and get behind Oscar, Tony and the club.

Totally agree with this, the Gus era has come and gone. After watching last nights match we need to get behind Oscar as much as possible.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There is indeed. personally this whole thing sickens me. On one hand we have one person who is almost foaming at the mouth in his hatred of Poyet, who hides behind either a real or imaginary 'source' that he can use prove or disprove anything he likes and uses inane cliches to make himself look clever. On the other we have people trying to defend someone who is no longer part of our story. GONE!! let me say it again GONE!!!!

This whole sideshow has sickened me. I honestly believe the real people who know are the ones who know how to keep secrets and even in court we'll only get two sides of the story.

SO GET OVER IT!!!! Oscar is here now and let's make his life easier by ignoring the sideshow which has the potential to ruin our whole season!

Ironically, I agree with you about moving on, but the pro-Gus lobby are the ones you need to be aiming your vitriol at.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I will leave it thanks

Ironically, I agree with you about moving on, but the pro-Gus lobby are the ones you need to be aiming your vitriol at.

you obviously did not read the post
your whole demeanor shouts Anti Gus and please forgive me for thinking your Source and yourself have an agenda to someway, anyway blacken him, I like Gus it has to be said, but until the truth (that which you and your source seem to know (and a few others that are in the know )) I will keep my powder dry and until we know the truth if we ever will I just wish you and your source would just shut the **** up

I am and always will be Albion till I die
that is Albion not Gus, not Oscar, not Tony, not fecking anyone but I do not like total unfairness which is what yourself and a few others on here have shown
please stop it
at least until this whole sorry mess is over with

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's in the comment SULLY COULDNT SHOOT post 299, in the context of refering to BW. Quote; On one hand we have one person who is almost foaming at the mouth in his hatred of Poyet....... END QUOTE

There are four or five posters moaning at BW in the same vain so I am answering to all. We could go on all day about who said what, but you are singing from the same page.

Thank you Symyjym. For what it's worth I'm not 'foaming at the mouth with my hatred of Gus.' Rather, I recognise his managerial achievements AND his shortcomings with the media. As I said before, Gus' media failings are NOT the reason for him being sacked for gross misconduct, but I lost a lot of respect for him after his escalating series of poorly-worded public pronouncements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here