Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's hard to know where to start with that.

You admit it's someone else who posted about 'hatred of Gus', but because you can't differentiate between the various points being made, you've implied it's a sentiment I agree with (when - for the umpteenth time - I haven't offered an opinion), and you're lumping all the people who disagree with your take on all this and with BW's take as being one and the same?

Outstanding. :facepalm:

'Sully Couldn't Shoot' doesn't speak for me, nor I for him.

You can answer my points from post #301 if you wish. Or not - I'm not that fussed. But so far, you've only answered points that I didn't make.

This goes back to 288 refering to BW

He was accusing others of saying Gus over-achieved.

He'll praise him with faint damnation. And then damn him some more anyway.

which relates to 301

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's go back to the quote

"Everyone was agreed. Tony Bloom gave me permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer, very difficult to refuse, and I was loyal and decided to stay."

Having not seen the programme, it seems to me (from this thread) that 'missing facts' mean that GP does not quite seem to be making sense. His quirky style and English language skills don't help, I suspect. Anyway, think back to the interview and ask yourself these questions, and see if another explanation of some of the events emerges:

1. Did Gussie actually say he was or was not not offered the Reading job? (different from discussing the job with the Reading owners).
2. Did Gussie actually say he turned down an offer to take the Reading job?
3. Did Gussie name the club that made him an 'unbelievable' job offer? (easy to jump to the conclusion that Reading was the UJO - it may have been but did he say so?)
4. Did Gussie actually say he turned down an unbelievable job offer? (the strands may seem to link, but this may have been another unbelievable offer from another club)
5. Did Gussie identify any unbelievable job offer that he turned down (so, did he name the club he turned down, that when linked to all the above makes him look virtuous)?
6. Did Gussie say that he was not allowed by TB to Speak to a club? (I'll answer that one: obviously he was allowed to speak to any Premier club since it was in his contract).
7. Did Gussie say that TB refused to let him walk away from his contract? (this is an important question, yet it is an absurd question if you think about it. Key word: 'contract')
8. If Gussie were to have walked away from his contract, how much compensation would be due (from Gussie or any club willing to stump up the cash)? Killer Question?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Exactly what I was saying right at the start of the bloody fiasco and the only ones who have come out of this badly IMHO are the club
quiet word we have decided to part company if necessary pay him off (this surely would have been cheaper than barristers) in comes Oscar

everyone is happy
instead now we have factions fighting for one or the other side

whole thing is pathetic

If the club are in the right and Poyet is guilty of however many charges of gross mis-conduct then they have behaved entirely correctly. You seem determined to believe he wasn't and they haven't. Whilst I don't know either way - I'll stick with TB and the board until proved otherwise. That's because I'm a Brighton fan.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What, answer questions on his entire future to a Sky Sports journalist who is doing little more than fishing? Come on, you come across as brighter than that.

Don't be daft, what most people would say is; "I cannot make any comment at this time, it's all in the hands of my legal team." And then got on with the show instead of hamming it up for next five minutes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Let's go back to the quote

Having not seen the programme, it seems to me (from this thread) that 'missing facts' mean that GP does not quite seem to be making sense. His quirky style and English language skills don't help, I suspect. Anyway, think back to the interview and ask yourself these questions, and see if another explanation of some of the events emerges:

1. Did Gussie actually say he was or was not not offered the Reading job? (different from discussing the job with the Reading owners).
2. Did Gussie actually say he turned down an offer to take the Reading job?
3. Did Gussie name the club that made him an 'unbelievable' job offer? (easy to jump to the conclusion that Reading was the UJO - it may have been but did he say so?)
4. Did Gussie actually say he turned down an unbelievable job offer? (the strands may seem to link, but this may have been another unbelievable offer from another club)
5. Did Gussie identify any unbelievable job offer that he turned down (so, did he name the club he turned down, that when linked to all the above makes him look virtuous)?
6. Did Gussie say that he was not allowed by TB to Speak to a club? (I'll answer that one: obviously he was allowed to speak to any Premier club since it was in his contract).
7. Did Gussie say that TB refused to let him walk away from his contract? (this is an important question, yet it is an absurd question if you think about it. Key word: 'contract')
8. If Gussie were to have walked away from his contract, how much compensation would be due (from Gussie or any club willing to stump up the cash)? Killer Question?

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8854319/poyet-encourages-court-action

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If the club are in the right and Poyet is guilty of however many charges of gross mis-conduct then they have behaved entirely correctly. You seem determined to believe he wasn't and they haven't. Whilst I don't know either way - I'll stick with TB and the board until proved otherwise. That's because I'm a Brighton fan.

so am I
but I do believe in a little fairness
I like most do not know a thing about this fiasco
as I have said before I would not trust any of them as far as I could throw them
I have not nor never will be one of those who kicks a guy when he is down but some supposedly in the know have Gus hung drawn and quartered before one of the very expensive barristers even utters a word.
this could have been done very quietly and quickly instead we have a three ring circus with everyone divided

For me, one of the poorer things that have came out of these months of nonsense is this idea that, if you are are a true Brighton fan, you have to agree with everything the board does. That's a very complacent idea. I guess the rest of us, even when we hand over our thousands for season tickets, just have to accept we're a lesser kind of fan for asking questions and not toeing the official line. Cheers Merry Prankster.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

that is the first time I have seen that, blimey he was seething, maybe we will go to court,then he said about the night he was sacked and whatever way you look at it the timing was very bad and if what he is saying is correct then it won't get to court .............the club should pay him off as I am sure Gus would not say what he has on TV without being sure of himself, he chose his words very carefully.
sure there are still ongoing discussions

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
that is the first time I have seen that, blimey he was seething, maybe we will go to court,then he said about the night he was sacked and whatever way you look at it the timing was very bad and if what he is saying is correct then it won't get to court .............the club should pay him off as I am sure Gus would not say what he has on TV without being sure of himself, he chose his words very carefully.
sure there are still ongoing discussions

Yeah lets pay him off.....

What if it all came out after we gave him a big pay off and it proved the board right.....

Would you call for the board to go, because they gave him money after what he had done....

I heard something today, and I wont put it on here, but if it was or is true, words fail me how angered I am.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yeah lets pay him off.....

What if it all came out after we gave him a big pay off and it proved the board right.....

Would you call for the board to go, because they gave him money after what he had done....

I heard something today, and I wont put it on here, but if it was or is true, words fail me how angered I am.

how much money has this already cost

Oh no another one in the know

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
how much money has this already cost

Oh no another one in the know

I am not in the know at all and dont pretend to, I said I heard something and take it with a pinch of salt.

However the longer we dont know the more and more exaggerated these stories become.

try not to be so condescending its called a North Stand CHAT for a reason.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing wrong with people hearing things, and mentioning it if they trust the source.

Details cannot be posted or even PMed though, sadly.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am not in the know at all and dont pretend to, I said I heard something and take it with a pinch of salt.

However the longer we dont know the more and more exaggerated these stories become.

try not to be so condescending its called a North Stand CHAT for a reason.

but all this heated discussion could have been avoided so easily

TB sorry Gus I think this is the end of the road
Gus Ok TB so do I
we can talk money in a few weeks after the hols (either)

there simple no one gets hurt what ever went on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nothing wrong with people hearing things, and mentioning it if they trust the source.

Details cannot be posted or even PMed though, sadly.

yep I have heard something

Palace are shite

now that is correct

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hang on - you're making your judgements on Gus based on ONE source...? Blimey.

You don't know who the source is, so kindly spare me your ill-informed waffle.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
your job for your source has now been done mate more intrigue more people doubting whoever(but mostly in your case Gus) if you did set out to blacken the name of our last manager you have done a creditable job ...go slap your source on the back and have a drink together and whisper in his/her ear that if anyone finds out who it is the shite will really hit the fan .......or should that be customer

Oh and your source has probably shut up because he/she is sick of reading your shite on here

No, my source has shut up for legal reasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You don't know who the source is, so kindly spare me your ill-informed waffle.

Don't let them wear you down BW. It's almost like you aren't allowed an opinion. Everyone has one on what they think might have happened I'm sure, some just choose not to divulge it whilst dissing those that they DON'T agree with.

Quite a few who are questioning the club had close links with the old regime but not this one...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here