So are Reading really a better project ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The lack of any rationality on this board is shocking sometimes.

Did Gus over achieve ? Don't think anyone can say with any certainty exactly what his budget was. I know there are figures in the public domain showing we had a midtable budget but I'm afraid the signings we have made over last season compared to other clubs really don't support that as being accurate.

And if Gus did overachieve does that mean we should put up with his actions ? Certainly not, and it had to be stopped one way or another. Did the club go about it in the right way ? Possibly not but then was Gus acting in an appropriate manner as a manager of our football club... No not towards the end.

At the end of the day Gus was backed by Bloom and he delivered on many of the demands that were expected of him ahead of schedule in many cases and that will never change.

My view is things weren't happening quick enough for Gus and he wanted to push for more funds or a better opportunity and his obvious lack of understanding of FFP and continued quoting of other clubs bigger budgets pushed Bloom to breaking point and something had to give. Under those circumstances he was always obviously going to lose and it's created the situation we find ourselves in.

The 'Poyet years' will always be looked back on with massive pleasure and success for me and I thank him for what he has done to this club, he was the right man and was here at the right time for us. We both helped each other achieve the supposed 'project' goals both the club and Gus had.

This is all very true, don't expect those with an irrational hatred of Gus to agree with you though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
B.W. - For certain!

Ok glad that's cleared up, and back on track now, however I have not seen any hate in BW's comments.

It seems that any opinion either way is concluded by some as Gus hater or Bloom lover.

The fact is Gus always thought he could do better than Brighton, but Bloom obviously thought he could do better than Gus.

There was only one way for this to come to a conclusion and that was that Gus goes and we get a better manager, the rest is down to Gus now.

The trouble is with everyone who just wants to paint Gus as an :angel:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Is there anyone who wants to paint Gus as angel?

I've yet to meet anyone, or read anything on here, that backs that up.

You conveniently edited out my full quote.

Ok glad that's cleared up, and back on track now, however I have not seen any hate in BW's comments.

It seems that any opinion either way is concluded by some as Gus hater or Bloom lover.

The fact is Gus always thought he could do better than Brighton, but Bloom obviously thought he could do better than Gus.

There was only one way for this to come to a conclusion and that was that Gus goes and we get a better manager, the rest is down to Gus now.

The trouble is with everyone who just wants to paint Gus as an :angel:

You and a few others have been saying BW has been spreading Gus hate comments.

Find those comments first, and then it will explain why your posts come accross as trying to paint Gus as an :angel:

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My opinion of Gus is not as high as yours. Ok?

Does your source know you use him/her on here... and is he/she friends with Ernest's source?

I DO know if I was your source I'd be coming round your house to have a quiet word about betraying trust.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This thread needs some fresh blood to step up with some opinions, it's a bit of a merry go round at the moment.

There is indeed. personally this whole thing sickens me. On one hand we have one person who is almost foaming at the mouth in his hatred of Poyet, who hides behind either a real or imaginary 'source' that he can use prove or disprove anything he likes and uses inane cliches to make himself look clever. On the other we have people trying to defend someone who is no longer part of our story. GONE!! let me say it again GONE!!!!

This whole sideshow has sickened me. I honestly believe the real people who know are the ones who know how to keep secrets and even in court we'll only get two sides of the story.

SO GET OVER IT!!!! Oscar is here now and let's make his life easier by ignoring the sideshow which has the potential to ruin our whole season!

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There is indeed. personally this whole thing sickens me. On one hand we have one person who is almost foaming at the mouth in his hatred of Poyet, who hides behind either a real or imaginary 'source' that he can use prove or disprove anything he likes and uses inane cliches to make himself look clever. On the other we have people trying to defend someone who is no longer part of our history. GONE!! let me say it again GONE!!!!

This whole sideshow has sickened me. I honestly believe the real people who know are the ones who know how to keep secrets and even in court we'll only get two sides of the story.

SO GET OVER IT!!!! Oscar is here now and let's make his life easier by ignoring the sideshow which has the potential to ruin our whole season!

Confused again, who is foaming at the mouth in his hatred of Poyet?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You conveniently edited out my full quote.

I've edited it because the rest of it was irrelevant to the point I wanted to make. I'll choose what I write - not you.

You seriously think I've painted Gus as an angel? Jesus wept.

My issues on this thread aren't around Gus and/or the club. They're around people who are speculating and pre-judging outcomes on the back of their belief system, painting opinion as fact. (You did it in post 294). I have stated that several times now, and it is getting tedious repeating that.

I'm not responding to your opinion-portrayed-as-fact part as it is only an opinion, and therefore of little consequence to the final outcome.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There is indeed. personally this whole thing sickens me. On one hand we have one person who is almost foaming at the mouth in his hatred of Poyet, who hides behind either a real or imaginary 'source' that he can use prove or disprove anything he likes and uses inane cliches to make himself look clever. On the other we have people trying to defend someone who is no longer part of our history. GONE!! let me say it again GONE!!!!

Erm... No, he is still part of our history. Always will be, that's the way history works :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports