Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Although you do like to ram down your anti-Gus opinions down everyone's throats!

I think every rational minded person can see that Gus did exceptionally well with a near average budget.

As I said. All about opinions. Your pro-Gus stance comes shining through.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In fairness unless it is a top 6 budget it is more hope than fact

Agreed. But we finished top 6.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But we gave him the opportunity of an out of court settlement, same as Tanno and Oatway, but he didn't take it, he ran out of time. There is no way that the club are going to change their decision now.

The trouble for Gus now is that even if he doesn't go to court, he will be constantly asked what really happened, and the thing is he cannot explain his version without mentioning the club's version. And if he tries to publicly explain what his story is and misses the truth or only gives the half truth, the club will make their version and the charges public.

He cannot publicly dispute the charges just with the “I don’t believe it was gross misconduct” without letting on what they were.

If he goes to court and it turns out that the club was wrong, which I doubt, it doesn’t automatically mean that whatever the charges are won’t be highly embarrassing for him anyway.

I think he is damned if he goes to court and damned if he doesn't.

More damned if he does IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really hope for yours and your 'senior source's' sake that its never revealed who it is.

Considering the painstaking efforts that Bloom and Barber have gone to to try and keep close counsel over this whole affair, there is a source somewhere from within the club apparently leaking all kinds of sh*t to a gobshite like you. And as if to stick a middle finger up to management of the club, you are happy to let the world and his wife know it.

There. Does that explain it for you? Do try to keep up, although I understand it must be hard when you having to digest so much information from inside the club.

I will not divulge my source. And nothing has been said for some time. Since May in fact. Your resorting to insults says it all about you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I will not divulge my source. And nothing has been said for some time. Since May in fact. Your resorting to insults says it all about you.

your job for your source has now been done mate more intrigue more people doubting whoever(but mostly in your case Gus) if you did set out to blacken the name of our last manager you have done a creditable job ...go slap your source on the back and have a drink together and whisper in his/her ear that if anyone finds out who it is the shite will really hit the fan .......or should that be customer

Oh and your source has probably shut up because he/she is sick of reading your shite on here

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Going back to the OP. Yes, currently Reading are a better project.

Its all about the money. Having £16m placed in your account really does give them an advantage at the current time. But, if they stay down for more than 2 or 3 more seasons, then the smaller capacity of Madejski compared to the AMEX and subsequent possible income may tip the balance in our favour.

Will be interesting to see the status of the clubs in 2015 or 2016.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What evidence?

I'm talking generally. i.e. "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" (and what I really mean are phrases like 'why would X want to go to any club other than Brighton?", "Brighton are a far bigger club than X" and in relation to the post I quoted, "it is unreasonable for Gus to defend his reputation in court")

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Going back to the OP. Yes, currently Reading are a better project.

Its all about the money. Having £16m placed in your account really does give them an advantage at the current time. But, if they stay down for more than 2 or 3 more seasons, then the smaller capacity of Madejski compared to the AMEX and subsequent possible income may tip the balance in our favour.

Will be interesting to see the status of the clubs in 2015 or 2016.

don't go back to the OP, we're having a good old Poyet binfest here :thumbsup:

but if you want to, yes I imagine we have a smidgeon more potential. However we don't know the potential extent of the investment by the new owners. But we're probably more similar clubs than most think.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
your job for your source has now been done mate more intrigue more people doubting whoever(but mostly in your case Gus) if you did set out to blacken the name of our last manager you have done a creditable job ...go slap your source on the back and have a drink together and whisper in his/her ear that if anyone finds out who it is the shite will really hit the fan .......or should that be customer

Oh and your source has probably shut up because he/she is sick of reading your shite on here

You make it sound as if Gus deserved an open cheque book?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I'm not asking you to divulge your source - I doubt you could anyway. And a little precious on the insults aren't we, if you are going to go around claiming you are the font of all knowledge and can judge a person you don't personally know, judge their performance and be prepared to claim it as fact, based on the opinions of one 'senior' person, (who incidentally may be wrong!!) then you should understand that's going to get you shot at. In the meantime, grow a pair.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Oi. Gus's target WAS to overachieve his budget. Which he did. Well done him for meeting his target.

All about opinions. He met his target with his generous budget is mine.

Not much point having a target that is right in line with expectations is it. Imagine the Yeovil chairman "You have the lowest budget in the championship, therefore your target is to finish last"

No, his target was play-offs (I'm guessing, but seems a fair assumption), but his budget was mid-table. He exceeded his budget expectations, met his target. IF his budget was top 6 in the division, then the target would certainly have been promotion. But you say he met his target, so I can only assume his statements about his budget were factual.

(I'm also a bit confused. Are these your opinions, as you say here, or facts from your source, which you state elsewhere?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here