Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
True that.

It also seems that those with an irrational hatred of Gus are the most guilty of making up details in order to mindlessly defend the clubs actions.

and most definitely this

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You honestly don't read what has been posted, do you?

I've never said Gus is right or wrong; I've never said the club is right or wrong. I'm merely questioning the assumptions you have made about the entire situation. You're making out you know the story.

You don't. No-one does. Unless your senior source has told you otherwise.

Are you sure I don't know? Thought not. Sorry if I got it wrong re your opinion of Gus' achievement last season versus target/budget. There are plenty who thought it was miraculous he got us 4th.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Was Alex Ferguson just an employee of Man Utd plc? Or did he stand out a bit from the shop manager and the head of stewarding

I understand that you're trying to support your argument but to compare the most successful manager in English football by a country mile with someone who once won League One, I mean, c'mon, get real fellah!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So a legal team have never made a bad call and never lost a court case ? Ok, then.

No !!!

You are twisting what I said.

You said that Gus would win his case, and also admitted that you hadn't seen the evidence.

I said that as Tony had been advised by his legal team to make sure everything was above board, and with that in mind you cannot possibly state with any degree of certainty that Gus will win his case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Blind faith with no facts. We will see.

See post above !!!

I have expressed no opinion on the outcome of legal proceedings, merely taken issue with your claim based on no evidence that Gus will win his case.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really ?

Tony's legal team would have been all over it, making sure it was watertight, yet without studying any evidence you think Gus would win an appeal :ffsparr:

Incredible isn't it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oi. Gus's target WAS to overachieve his budget. Which he did. Well done him for meeting his target.

All about opinions. He met his target with his generous budget is mine.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You know about as much as me. F*ck all ! People here seem to think Bloom walks on water and dare not question his every move , decision or judgement. A worrying trend.

As is your tendency to revert to hyperbole when others may have a different view to yours.

Just because someone sides with Bloom rather than Poyet doesn't mean that they think he can do no wrong.

Your melodramatic outbursts are reminiscent of characters in a Spielberg film.

Have you escaped from one?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So a legal team have never made a bad call and never lost a court case ? Ok, then.

The club's legal team will probably have done an excellent job but you are happy to say that you think Gus will win without having a clue about eithers case??

How can you possibly come to this conclusion?

BTW I will be getting back to you on the PM's we had a couple of weeks ago!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, but its football fans, blindly defending the club against all comers and all evidence. Understandable and we're all guilty of it to a certain degree, some more irrationally than others.

What evidence?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The club salaries are listed in those figures, and are in the public domain. You can make a reasonable comparison for non-playing staff across the division, meaning you can extrapolate some meaning from the figures. Feel free to take a look.

My agenda, incidentally, which is about as far removed from yours as possible, it to wait until all possible information is out there in order to make my own judgements - then I'll share them if I choose. But then, I've already said that, and it's something else you've chosen to ignore.

You, on the other hand, are pre-judging the entire scenario, and sharing them with everyone. That's not me telling you what you're thinking, that's me reading the posts you've put up.

I thought you just said you don't know the figures. Make your mind up.

1 if you knew what I knew you may well have made similar comments.
2 I trust Tony when he says the playing budget is sufficient to achieve top 6.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

In fairness unless it is a top 6 budget it is more hope than fact

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
From what I've heard there's (a lot) more to it than that ridiculous e-mail.

Gus refusing to do his job with the retained list is the one in the public domain. And, needless to say, Gus' escalating idiotic public pronouncements certainly didn't endear him to Tony. Just thought I'd add to LI's list (he certainly needs help).

The rest has to stay confidential unless Gus is stupid enough to go to court. As I've said before, I hope he doesn't for HIS sake. I note his use of the word "probably" in his recent threat of legal action; very telling that - suggests he wants an out-of-court settlement (PROBABLY his only hope!).

But we gave him the opportunity of an out of court settlement, same as Tanno and Oatway, but he didn't take it, he ran out of time. There is no way that the club are going to change their decision now.

The trouble for Gus now is that even if he doesn't go to court, he will be constantly asked what really happened, and the thing is he cannot explain his version without mentioning the club's version. And if he tries to publicly explain what his story is and misses the truth or only gives the half truth, the club will make their version and the charges public.

He cannot publicly dispute the charges just with the “I don’t believe it was gross misconduct” without letting on what they were.

If he goes to court and it turns out that the club was wrong, which I doubt, it doesn’t automatically mean that whatever the charges are won’t be highly embarrassing for him anyway.

I think he is damned if he goes to court and damned if he doesn't.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
1 if you knew what I knew you may well have made similar comments.

this debate really is turning into old girls over the fence job
if you do anything then best keep quiet about it otherwise this argument will go on for another 50 pages with no answers at all OR you could of coarse tell us all what you know and save everybody valuable time as for some of us time is short

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And do you? Has your senior source been feeding you chapter and verse?

If you did know, how unprofessional would that be?

I heard this before it all blew up in public. Who knew it would end up here?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Sorry. Please can you clarify? Are you calling me a liar? Wait and see. Your criticism is unjustified.

I really hope for yours and your 'senior source's' sake that its never revealed who it is.

Considering the painstaking efforts that Bloom and Barber have gone to to try and keep close counsel over this whole affair, there is a source somewhere from within the club apparently leaking all kinds of sh*t to a gobshite like you. And as if to stick a middle finger up to management of the club, you are happy to let the world and his wife know it.

There. Does that explain it for you? Do try to keep up, although I understand it must be hard when you having to digest so much information from inside the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here