Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wait and see. If Gus is stupid enough to go to court, then you and others will look very foolish when the truth comes out. If he doesn't, then that would suggest he has realised he will lose and further mess-up his already tarnished rep.

You honestly don't read what has been posted, do you?

I've never said Gus is right or wrong; I've never said the club is right or wrong. I'm merely questioning the assumptions you have made about the entire situation. You're making out you know the story.

You don't. No-one does. Unless your senior source has told you otherwise.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have a feeling if it went to court Poyet would win the appeal. We sacked him to avoid paying off his contract and to do that the club had better be 100% sure they got that right. The court case is very important as it could set a precedent for future sackings and I think Gus, with nothing else to do will love the limelight and do what damage he can to the board. Just my opinion, no facts.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
According to Gus Poyet...

Reading are a better project

"Everyone was agreed. Tony Bloom gave me permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer, very difficult to refuse, and I was loyal and decided to stay.
"So how can you explain that somebody says to you he wants to leave and a week later he has got the chance to go to a Premiership club with a better deal, with a better project and he stays? It's not common sense, that's for sure.

Do you agree....

Personally I think he just did not want a relegation on his CV.

seems pretty obvious to me that a row developed in between the two things, the common sense bit is if he had known he was not wanted by whoever then he might have gone

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You know about the budgets for 2012-13, when BW says he didn't? Or did your senior source tell you?

Who said Gus exceeded targets? You're just ranting.

And as if to repeat Kalimantan Gull - there are some sensitive souls on here. You're evidently one of them.

I certainly don't know the figures in the budget. Nor do you. As I said before, they are not in the public domain. And not something I can ask someone close to the top of club, is it!!?

Plenty on here seem to think Gus exceeded his target given his budget, including KG and you. The only one ranting is you. You've lost it. Oh dear.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have a feeling if it went to court Poyet would win the appeal. We sacked him to avoid paying off his contract and to do that the club had better be 100% sure they got that right. The court case is very important as it could set a precedent for future sackings and I think Gus, with nothing else to do will love the limelight and do what damage he can to the board. Just my opinion, no facts.

I 100% agree with this

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Christ, and you acuse London Irish of being slow.

Sorry. Please can you clarify? Are you calling me a liar? Wait and see. Your criticism is unjustified.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If it did go to court, and the club lost, would what peoples reactions be to Bloom then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Really ?

Tony's legal team would have been all over it, making sure it was watertight, yet without studying any evidence you think Gus would win an appeal :ffsparr:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really don't get this slagging off, of Poyet for standing his ground. What would you personally do if your employers publically sacked you for gross misdconduct without pay and you disagreed with it. Would you just say " ah well " and leave it ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Really ?

Tony's legal team would have been all over it, making sure it was watertight, yet without studying any evidence you think Gus would win an appeal :ffsparr:

You know about as much as me. F*ck all ! People here seem to think Bloom walks on water and dare not question his every move , decision or judgement. A worrying trend.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I certainly don't know the figures in the budget. Nor do you. As I said before, they are not in the public domain. And not something I can ask someone close to the top of club, is it!!?

Plenty on here seem to think Gus exceeded his target given his budget, including KG and you. The only one ranting is you. You've lost it. Oh dear.

Oi. Gus's target WAS to overachieve his budget. Which he did. Well done him for meeting his target.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I really don't get this slagging off, of Poyet for standing his ground. What would you personally do if your employers publically sacked you for gross misdconduct without pay and you disagreed with it. Would you just say " ah well " and leave it ?

Yeah, but its football fans, blindly defending the club against all comers and all evidence. Understandable and we're all guilty of it to a certain degree, some more irrationally than others.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You know about as much as me. F*ck all ! People here seem to think Bloom walks on water and dare not question his every move , decision or judgement. A worrying trend.

Yet you claim that Gus will win his case, even though Tony will have been advised by his presumably expensive and well qualified legal team ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The club salaries are listed in those figures, and are in the public domain. You can make a reasonable comparison for non-playing staff across the division, meaning you can extrapolate some meaning from the figures. Feel free to take a look.

My agenda, incidentally, which is about as far removed from yours as possible, it to wait until all possible information is out there in order to make my own judgements - then I'll share them if I choose. But then, I've already said that, and it's something else you've chosen to ignore.

You, on the other hand, are pre-judging the entire scenario, and sharing them with everyone. That's not me telling you what you're thinking, that's me reading the posts you've put up.

I thought you just said you don't know the figures. Make your mind up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thanks for that info. I think the club will have a hard time making that charge stick as gross misconduct though at the tribunal, Poyet will present a plausible case that he was merely highlighting a pressing issue of concern to the well-being of the entire organisation.

But anyway, however much we've disagreed, I'd like to thank Symyjym for making his efforts to explain the board's thinking as he understands it. I certainly understand their position a bit better now even though I'm still unsure as to the rights and wrongs. It's good board supporters are explaining stuff a bit more cogently, it's what we've really lacked for some time now.
:lolol:

Great to see you back on the board. You have been gone too long.

this

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yet you claim that Gus will win his case, even though Tony will have been advised by his presumably expensive and well qualified legal team ???

So a legal team have never made a bad call and never lost a court case ? Ok, then.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Blind faith with no facts. We will see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here