Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2009
It wasn't one of the gross misconducts though surely?

I believe it was mentioned as one (not sure by who). I am sure that most managers have done far worse and not had any comeback from their chairman. If a chairman had had enough and was looking for reasons to get rid though it could well be a different story.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It wasn't one of the gross misconducts though surely?

Gross Insubordination = Gross Misconduct

Insubordination:

Meaning; disobedience
Synonyms: defiance, dereliction, disregard, dissension, indiscipline, infringement, insurrection, mutiny, noncompliance, noncooperation, nonobservance, rebellion, revolt, revolution, riot, sabotage

What counts as gross misconduct?

Most employers would identify intoxication (whether from drink or drugs), fighting or other physical abuse, indecent behaviour, theft, dishonesty, sabotage, serious breaches of health and safety rules, offensive behaviour (such as discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse and violence) and gross insubordination as examples of gross misconduct.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Reading are us, just ten years ahead. Large and rapidly growing catchment area in the south-east of England, fanbase with disposable income, brand new stadium and money for players = inexorable rise up to the "promised land".

They have something we might not get though. Huge parachute money.

Thanks for that info. I think the club will have a hard time making that charge stick as gross misconduct though at the tribunal, Poyet will present a plausible case that he was merely highlighting a pressing issue of concern to the well-being of the entire organisation.

But anyway, however much we've disagreed, I'd like to thank Symyjym for making his efforts to explain the board's thinking as he understands it. I certainly understand their position a bit better now even though I'm still unsure as to the rights and wrongs. It's good board supporters are explaining stuff a bit more cogently, it's what we've really lacked for some time now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for that info. I think the club will have a hard time making that charge stick as gross misconduct though at the tribunal, Poyet will present a plausible case that he was merely highlighting a pressing issue of concern to the well-being of the entire organisation.

But anyway, however much we've disagreed, I'd like to thank Symyjym for making his efforts to explain the board's thinking as he understands it. I certainly understand their position a bit better now even though I'm still unsure as to the rights and wrongs. It's good board supporters are explaining stuff a bit more cogently, it's what we've really lacked for some time now.

Great to see you back on the board. You have been gone too long.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

No problem, it's the best I can make of it with the limited publicly documented information available. One thing I am absolutely 100% sure of is that we couldn't have got a better manager / coach and assistants to take over the helm. This will become clear and will start paying off in a couple of months.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
No problem, it's the best I can make of it with the limited publicly documented information available. One thing I am absolutely 100% sure of is that we couldn't have got a better manager / coach and assistants to take over the helm. This will become clear and will start paying off in a couple of months.

I really don't understand how you can be 100% certain, NOBODY (not even Oscar) knows if this was a gamble of genial proportions or a massive f*** up. But like you say, let's see where we are come the end of October.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The fact is we should have gone up last season,quite comfortably and worry we won't get such a good opportunity again for years.

This. Whichever way you slice it or point fingers we were good enough with the squad we have.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, that's that done and dusted then.

:facepalm:

Meanwhile, the figures have been presented in the post above. Have a look through them.

The target was top 6. The budget was sufficient for top 6. Gus achieved top 6. Sorry I have to say this again, but Gus MET expectations in terms of league position. He did NOT exceed them. Unfortunately, his conduct left a tad to be desired. Oscar has the same target, and budget. Can you see the consistency here? Or do you need a bit more time?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
From what I've heard there's (a lot) more to it than that ridiculous e-mail.

Gus refusing to do his job with the retained list is the one in the public domain. And, needless to say, Gus' escalating idiotic public pronouncements certainly didn't endear him to Tony. Just thought I'd add to LI's list (he certainly needs help).

The rest has to stay confidential unless Gus is stupid enough to go to court. As I've said before, I hope he doesn't for HIS sake. I note his use of the word "probably" in his recent threat of legal action; very telling that - suggests he wants an out-of-court settlement (PROBABLY his only hope!).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Gus refusing to do his job with the retained list is the one in the public domain. And, needless to say, Gus' escalating idiotic public pronouncements certainly didn't endear him to Tony. Just thought I'd add to LI's list (he certainly needs help).

The rest has to stay confidential unless Gus is stupid enough to go to court. As I've said before, I hope he doesn't for HIS sake. I note his use of the word "probably" in his recent threat of legal action; very telling that - suggests he wants an out-of-court settlement (PROBABLY his only hope!).

You have no idea of the issues.

Therefore you have no idea of whether it's a good idea or not.

Or did your senior source tell you?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The target was top 6. The budget was sufficient for top 6. Gus achieved top 6. Sorry I have to say this again, but Gus MET expectations in terms of league position. He did NOT exceed them. Unfortunately, his conduct left a tad to be desired. Oscar has the same target, and budget. Can you see the consistency here? Or do you need a bit more time?

You know about the budgets for 2012-13, when BW says he didn't? Or did your senior source tell you?

Who said Gus exceeded targets? You're just ranting.

And as if to repeat Kalimantan Gull - there are some sensitive souls on here. You're evidently one of them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Reading your posts, you also appear 100% sure of what Tony and the rest of the Board are thinking. So that's nice.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

My guess is that Gus has declared he's going to court to help his future job interviews. When asked about his sacking he can just claim nothing is true and that he's taking legal action.

When he gets a job he can then drop the case / settle out of court.

It really is not in his interest to have the charge list made public - whatever is actually on it - and hence on his CV.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You have no idea of the issues.

Therefore you have no idea of whether it's a good idea or not.

Or did your senior source tell you?

Wait and see. If Gus is stupid enough to go to court, then you and others will look very foolish when the truth comes out. If he doesn't, then that would suggest he has realised he will lose and further mess-up his already tarnished rep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here