So are Reading really a better project ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just because Gus claimed he had a lower-half of Championship budget, doesn't mean it was true. It wasn't. Look at who we signed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just because Gus claimed he had a lower-half of Championship budget, doesn't mean it was true. It wasn't. Look at who we signed.

As has been stated (bloody hell, about to fixture myself again), the comparative figures for 2011-12 were posted on here a few months ago.

If I recall correctly, we had the 14th highest playing budget in the division.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Are you a member of the Board?

You seem to be posting an awful lot of Tony's thinking, and presenting it as fact.

Do you know for a fact that Gus was suspended over this email? Or are you speculating?

First question is daft, that's like me asking if you are Poyet's marketing manager.

I understand the position Gus put the club in so I can see Blooms way of thinking.

He sent his email late on Tuesday 14th May to be picked up by all staff Wednesday morning, and was suspended on Thursday.

Tell me this; Do you think his angry vitriolic email didn't deserve a gagging order and suspension?

The club were dealing with enough problems leading up to this time and then up pops the email. Whatever the club was thinking before that, the email put the wheels into motion.

Gus slipped up on TV yesterday and hinted that there were four gross misconducts, the public email was certainly one of them and enough for the suspension even if he was an angel beforehand.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As has been stated (bloody hell, about to fixture myself again), the comparative figures for 2011-12 were posted on here a few months ago.

*Groundhog day*

We don't know about LAST season yet though and it was at the end of last season that it all fell apart not 2011/12

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
First question is daft, that's like me asking if you are Poyet's marketing manager.

I understand the position Gus put the club in so I can see Blooms way of thinking.

He sent his email late on Tuesday 14th May to be picked up by all staff Wednesday morning, and was suspended on Thursday.

Tell me this; Do you think his angry vitriolic email didn't deserve a gagging order and suspension.

The club were dealing with enough problems leading up to this time and then up pops the email. Whatever the club was thinking before that, the email put the wheels into motion.

Gus slipped up on TV yesterday and hinted that there were four gross misconducts, the public email was certainly one of them and enough for the suspension even if he was an angel beforehand.

From what I recall of it, the answer is no. Every recipient of that email that I spoke to felt the same.

If you can quote me the email, which part of it do you think deserved suspension?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
*Groundhog day*

If he read through the thread, not parroting your questions, I would haven't to repeat my answer.

We don't know about LAST season yet though and it was at the end of last season that it all fell apart not 2011/12

Fell apart? I could have sworn we had our highest-placed finish in 30 years last season.

I suppose it's true that we could have leapt from 14th to, I don't know... 4th (in line with our finish), but that would have taken a budget increase somewhere in the region of 50%. Where would that have come from?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Figures from where?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he read through the thread, not parroting your questions, I would haven't to repeat my answer.

Fell apart? I could have sworn we had our highest-placed finish in 30 years last season.

I suppose it's true that we could have leapt from 14th to, I don't know... 4th (in line with our finish), but that would have taken a budget increase somewhere in the region of 50%. Where would that have come from?

I'm not talking about the football when I say fell apart, that may have been because of the budget (lack of it from Poyet's perspective) or maybe that was just the catalyst who knows?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You there TLO? How accurate are your figures?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not at all accurate then.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
From what I recall of it, the answer is no. Every recipient of that email that I spoke to felt the same.

If you can quote me the email, which part of it do you think deserved suspension?

You are having a larf arn't you, he was complaining as much about the clap banners in the same tone as the serious incident. He said he spoke to Bloom about it and then he proceeded to tell the rest of the world. If you are earning £3k a day, you carry out your job in a professional manner and not publicly. I love the way it starts Hi All!

'Hi All,

1) ...when Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation, for some reason that still no clear to me , someone during the day had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.

Now, after careful consideration, and even after a meeting with the Chairman ??? who assured me that MY REPUTATION IS INTACT ???, I feel that I must express my anger that anyone inside this organisation thought they could interfere with it.

I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low - did they imagine that this would affect the Crystal Palace players - well it possible did - it may just have fired them up even more.

Well someone ??? made a very bad decision and I think it is time to stand up and take responsibility - not just the culprit ???but those employees ??? who are supposed to make our stadium safe and secure. Surely changing rooms are high up on securities check lists/? ???

Surely someone ???should lose their job to allow such a breach of security - they ???do not deserve to be part of this club!...

2)...would someone???like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming ??? the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibe ??? to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.

My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from others???within the club...whoever you are???, you ???let the club down very badly.

Gus Poyet' :angel:

Last edited:

I know we wiill never agree but when a manager says that he does not study the opposition, we just concentrate on what we do. Don't you think that is a little worrying? or is Gus so good in some peoples eyes that he doesn't need to do any homework on the opposition?

If I was Bloom paying him £3k a day, I would expect home work to be done, and implement creative, modern and progressive coaching methods.

Again, are you genuinely trying to tell us that we didnt scout and video analyse our opposition? Stretches credibility!

Gus might well have said in that bumptious way of his "it's all about us", that was his personal in-your-face style - but to draw from that this well known football obsessive didn't do his homework on the opposition? It's like trying to sell us London Bridge.

I appreciate what you say about Bloom and his motivations, that all rings true. But I think it goes a little awry when you talk about Poyet - and I'd say it was worrying if you are merely reflecting the chairman's thoughts

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are having a larf arn't you, he was complaining as much about the clap banners in the same tone as the serious incident. He said he spoke to Bloom about it and then he proceeded to tell the rest of the world. If you are earning £3k a day, you carry out your job in a professional manner and not publicly. I love the way it starts Hi All!

etc.

You think that's a sackable offence? Writing an email to your colleagues, expressing disgust at a revolting incident which shouldn't have happened, and not appreciating the clackers?

As KG said, there are some sensitive souls here.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

'Hi All,

1) ...when Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation, for some reason that still no clear to me , someone during the day had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.

Now, after careful consideration, and even after a meeting with the Chairman who assured me that MY REPUTATION IS INTACT, I feel that I must express my anger that anyone inside this organisation thought they could interfere with it.

I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low - did they imagine that this would affect the Crystal Palace players - well it possible did - it may just have fired them up even more.

Well someone made a very bad decision and I think it is time to stand up and take responsibility - not just the culprit ???but those employees ??? who are supposed to make our stadium safe and secure. Surely changing rooms are high up on securities check lists/? ???

Surely someone ???should lose their job to allow such a breach of security - they ???do not deserve to be part of this club!...

2)...would someone???like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming ??? the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibe ??? to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.

My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from othe???within the club...whoever you are???, you ???let the club down very badly.

Gus Poyet'

Gus overdoes the emoticons don't you think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports