Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Snowflakes

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I do think encouraging giant marshmallows is as bit much. Have they not heard of Obesity :wink:

Marshmallows are dangerous I'll have you know …..

GBusters.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of the flakes will be along in a minute to call you ‘gammon’. A term used exclusively for white males but is not racist, somehow :shrug:

Eh?

How on earth do you, me or anybody else know whether or not [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] is white or male? :shrug:

What an odd assertion.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because it's fake news? Guess what?The thread title is the clue. Same term as that used by Trumpy types and Boris fans against people who can't 'man up' over a bit of harmless racism etc. Broflakes. ???

You have actually checked before posting that?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I seem to remember a game from Thomas a Beckett school in Worthing called Cats and mice.

The game consisted of 2 "gangs" sitting in 2 separate "camps" at opposite corners of the school field.
At some point during the lunch break both gangs would charge at each other ( predominantly avoiding any contact with each other) and "take" the oppositions base.

The game would be tolerated for a couple of weeks until most of the school were aligned to one or other of the gangs, and then Mr Matthews would announce that the game was banned.

I don't remember anyone ever getting hurt.
nonetheless the game was banned at least once a year, every year I was there.

Snowflakes have been around for 40+ years it would seem.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Getting hard to keep up with what I'm supposed to be angry about. I've got to be angry that tag is banned, but also angry that lifestyle lessons are NOT being banned, is that it?

Little Johnny should be allowed to get hurt in the playground, but not hurt by hearing about same - sex parents?

Its like the reverse of 'sticks and stones.....'

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I seem to remember a game from Thomas a Beckett school in Worthing called Cats and mice.

(...)

Snowflakes have been around for 40+ years it would seem.

At my school during the January snow, we had a game where several boys in the netball courts would back-heel chunks of ice (the whole concrete rectangle was covered in a solid layer, about an inch thick) and throw them over the fence where I and a few others were standing against a wall. The object of the game was to not be hit by the hail of flying ice.

It was soon observed and banned. I can see why. These weren't snowballs; they could've caused serous damage, even life-changing injuries. But, God, it was exhilarating.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not interested in you, you dull xxxx.

Ouch. I'm devastated.

Seriously though, let's have a little recap:

1. Anonymous poster on internet message board posts link to a story about PC gone mad.

2. You reply to warn that he is going to be accused of being 'a gammon'. And assert that this is racist, because it would only be levelled at a white man, despite the fact that nobody responding would have any idea at all whether the OP was either white, or indeed a man.

:mad:.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Saw the story last week ….. unbelievable. That Head Teacher should have come to the Scout group I went to and seen how British Bulldog was played !!!! I still have the half tooth left from a rather rough encounter.

Favourite game as a kid. Could be brutal at times but that just meant you had to learn to fight or run harder! And there’s nothing wrong with that! Summer evenings with 40-50 lads lined up to cross ‘the field’ - epic times!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I remember getting a ruler across the back of the legs for playing a game where I might get hurt. Even aged 8, the irony wasn’t lost on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here