Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Snowflakes

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I know this has been discussed before, but my niece's school have now introduced "marshmallow" clapping, whereby your hands don't actually meet, so no sound is generated, just like you're squashing a giant marshmallow!!!

I know there can be kids who are sound sensitive, mine is one of then, but it's all getting slightly ridiculous...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know this has been discussed before, but my niece's school have now introduced "marshmallow" clapping, whereby your hands don't actually meet, so no sound is generated, just like you're squashing a giant marshmallow!!!

I know there can be kids who are sound sensitive, mine is one of then, but it's all getting slightly ridiculous...

I do think encouraging giant marshmallows is as bit much. Have they not heard of Obesity :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'The school said that there have been a few incidents in recent months involving “rough play” and “play fighting” that have made children upset.

The “gentle hands” policy simply means playing games that are not “overly physical and risk hurting or upsetting other children”, they said.'

So the school does something that potentially helps its children – the people it is responsible for – and makes it a better environment. And then a load of random strangers, who are not affected by the action one bit, get all titsy about it.

And the people at the school are the snowflakes? Riiiight...

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Words fail me, if children cant grow up like we did all those years ago. How are we expected to form an army, heaven forbid if necessary, from wimps who would baulk at the thought of even getting wet and dirty during basic training.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Because it's fake news? Guess what?The thread title is the clue. Same term as that used by Trumpy types and Boris fans against people who can't 'man up' over a bit of harmless racism etc. Broflakes. ???
Twas ever thus. Some moron makes a stupid decision and a few other morons agree. This grows into a 'PC Gone Mad', 'Snowflake' 'Insert meaningless catchphrase of your choice here' rant. Rinse and repeat.

Wonder if Monty Python are ruing not doing a sketch where gammon moans about snowflakes. Very Gilliamesque.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's political correctness gone mad by namby-pamby, virtue signalling, Guardian reading, social justice warriors.

You forgot to mention black, disabled and gender-fluid.

None of this existed when I was a kid. The world has gone mad now the left wingers have taken over everything.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Words fail me, if children cant grow up like we did all those years ago. How are we expected to form an army, heaven forbid if necessary, from wimps who would baulk at the thought of even getting wet and dirty during basic training.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

latest

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
How are we expected to form an army, heaven forbid if necessary, from wimps who would baulk at the thought of even getting wet and dirty during basic training?

Which is of course the first question a primary head should ask themselves when formulating playground rules.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apparently some kids got hurt. That used to happen at my school. The head would ban whatever game it was and a week later it’d be back up and running again.

Look at it this way. They get to play rough games and disobey the school rules. Double the fun.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Apparently some kids got hurt. That used to happen at my school. The head would ban whatever game it was and a week later it’d be back up and running again.

Look at it this way. They get to play rough games and disobey the school rules. Double the fun.

Exactly. Loads of games were banned when I was at school. British bombers, British bulldog, the shin kicking "game". Didn't stop us playing them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Exactly. Loads of games were banned when I was at school. British bombers, British bulldog, the shin kicking "game". Didn't stop us playing them.

There you go. Games have been banned and kids have kept playing since time immemorial. The only difference is I don’t recall it ever making the papers. I suppose that’s a sign of the outrage some adults summon up over the slightest whiff of PC/H&S these days.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have they banned Christmas yet?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

that happens in a couple of weeks, with the turning on of "winterval" lights.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm delighted all the other issues facing this country have been resolved (e.g. the use of food banks, homelessness, child poverty) have all been sorted to allow this to become news.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not forgetting the version of tag/ it that we used to play with a tennis ball. Instead of touching the person you tagged them by throwing the ball at them with maximum velocity. Think ' Rollerball' but we for an obvious reason we called it ' Stingio'. The rarely adhered to rule was that you were only meant to aim for below the waist. However, invariably someone would get it in the mush and it would all kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here