Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sniffer Dog

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What if there is some dealing going on?

This sounds quite likely, possibly a tip off.

You can't be serious!!!!

It always astounds me when people believe stuff like this. The vast majority of people who sell drugs at that level are only doing it to people they know or at most a friend of a friend.
Nobody in their right mind would turn up at a football match with a load of wraps in their pocket. Believe it or not people don't want to go to prison so tend to be a bit more streetwise when doing things that are highly illegal.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can't be serious!!!!

It always astounds me when people believe stuff like this. The vast majority of people who sell drugs at that level are only doing it to people they know or at most a friend of a friend.
Nobody in their right mind would turn up at a football match with a load of wraps in their pocket. Believe it or not people don't want to go to prison so tend to be a bit more streetwise when doing things that are highly illegal.

You can't be serious if you thought I was being serious.

I didn't even see any dogs, can't have been looking that hard for anything, none of us saw the dogs, before, during or after.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Good. Weed the scum out. Last thing I want to do on a Saturday afternoon with kids is be surrounded by coked up arrogant ********s chewing their faces off.

The club shouldn't be seen as not acting.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Police sometimes take dogs along to events/venues/places to train them. They do it at Churchill Square quite a bit, gets the hounds used to focussing when in a large crowd/lots of distractions. Doesn't mean owt's going on and the last thread that suggested it was was closed down I think.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
If there were dogs only in 1901, there is obviously reason for the police to believe that there was drug use going on there.

How do you differentiate between the dog unit and the drugs unit?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They use different dogs for sniffing things.

PS I heard a rumour that a police dog was offered the 1901 casual dining menu and turned it's nose up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good. Weed the scum out. Last thing I want to do on a Saturday afternoon with kids is be surrounded by coked up arrogant ********s chewing their faces off.

Come on, if a 1901-er wants a little cheeky toot with their Bollinger its not doing any harm is it?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
They use different dogs for sniffing things.

PS I heard a rumour that a police dog was offered the 1901 casual dining menu and turned it's nose up.

But how do you tell, I'm referring to the assumptions on here that they were drug dogs, not crowd control, or even explosives recovery.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sniffer dogs are usually Spaniels aren't they? And Dog unit dogs are big **** off German Shepherds. You see the sniffers by the gates at Brighton Station some Sunday mornings hoping to catch the revellers with a gram or two left on them. I am ashamed to say in my twenties there were a couple of times I've turned on my heels after walking worse for wear into the station and spotting the dogs.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
The drugs unit use mainly cockers and such like for sniffing and German Shepherds to scare and bite people.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry but this is just so damn FUNNY. First the 1901ers get charged ninety quid for a couple of 'rustic' chips and what looks like a plate of sick, then they get hassled by police with sniffer dogs. You seriously couldn't MAKE it up! :lolol:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

When you go close to the Drug unit dog he has very glazed eyes and is very friendly, When you go up to the dog unit dog he has very sharp teeth but still tries to play

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

When I speed read your post I didn't realise your were getting on your high horse. I thought you were making a pun.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Usually spaniels. But they also use spaniels not trained for drugs, as visible deterrents or only ones that say can detect weed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here