Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Drinking

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Was having this conversation with my sister in law last night, she smokes and I drink. We were trying to work out which would kill you first! For arguments sake lets call it 10 fags a day or a bottle of wine a day, what do you lot reckon?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Think there are a hell of a lot of other factors to consider. Exercise level, diet etc.

On their own tho I would say the fags are worse than the booze.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It all depends if you drive after the wine, or nod off in your armchair during the 10th fag.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I wouldn't say that a bottle of vino would do that much damage so I voted for smoking... I'm no expert though :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fall asleep on the sofa with a bottle of wine & you might get a stained carpet. Fall asleep with a fag & you might burn the house down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Both are bad but smoking is more liable to trigger something nasty first. I reckon you could drink maybe a pint a day or a glass of wine a day for life and still be better off than having 10 fags a day.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Depends on the type of fags. 10 benson gold would be much worse than say 10
Silk cut. To be fair either option doesn't sound like the recipe for a long and healthy life!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be fair 10 fags a day is not many really, although a whole bottle of wine everyday is quite a serious drink problem. Compared to a bottle of wine every other day, which is not so bad...I've smoked 20ish a day for 25odd years and im really starting to suffer with my fitness, even though I work outdoors full time. By the time I get to the WSU im almost dead and it takes me 10 mins to recover....So I'Ve decided it's time to try and pack it up, starting today and so far, i'm doing ok. But then it's normally when i'm drinking that I smoke the most...I can see some tough times ahead.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on the quantities suggested, the bottle of wine is worse for your health in general. but neither is likly to kill you directly, you'll most probably die of something else.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Fall asleep on the sofa with a bottle of wine & you might get a stained carpet. Fall asleep with a fag & you might burn the house down.

Fall asleep in your car because you have drunk a bottle of wine and you might end up as a stain on the Patcham flyover along with whoever else happens to be bumbling along at the time.

Medically speaking the fags would do you less harm. 10 fags is well within the tolerance for fumes we have evolved after a few million years sitting around in smoky caves etc. alcohol is a (relatively) recent evolutionary spanner in our works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here