Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smoking at football grounds.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Controversial I know but as an ex smoker I agree, smokers are often more fun people. I know non smokers who go out with the smokers when they go for a fag for this reason. Too many non smokers can be self righteous pricks, especially ex smokers. A bit like vegans.
Agreed - and what has been good about this thread (and hopefully a sign of the times) is that zealous supporters of ASH (Anti Smoking Hysteria) have had the good grace not to come piling in with their self-righteous condemnation of, and moral superiority over, something that many of us were brought up with as one of life's natural norms (even though there are now millions more of us ex-smokers than there are smokers these days).

No. Just no. Filthy smelly habit of filthy smelly people.

...............oh.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I guess live and let live is dead in the 21st century. Everyone is so fecking judgemental days except for on sexual preferences and racism when most like to be seen as very pc, which is as it should be.

I don’t get it, everyone is different and as long as you’re not an ******** to others anything goes imo. Smokers get WAY too much grief imo.

You need to get with the times mate. You either agree with ME, or we are sworn enemies and I'm compelled to have you cancelled immediately.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You need to get with the times mate. You either agree with ME, or we are sworn enemies and I'm compelled to have you cancelled immediately.

With a user name like yours you need to get back to the sixties :lolol:

Are scotcheggs even a thing now?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Was allowed outside for a vape/smoke at half time at the hawthorns in Jan fa cup tie

For those grounds that dont let you out at half time buy a vape that doesnt give off too much puff and vape in your seat or in the concourse.
Pick your moments and dont be too obvious.............havnt been caught yet
Vape inside the Amex quite often too

It wouldnt be too hard to let smokers out at half time at the Amex............the worst they can do is piss off extra early to get the train

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Surely people can go without a cigarette for a couple of hours during a game?

Surely people can go without making a smart*rse comment for a couple of hours?

Personally I think smokers should be praised for not filling-up the overstretched care-homes all the non-smokers are going to spend the last 10 years of their lives in until they finally pop their clogs at 103...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Smoking definitely kills.

After only 2 minutes of the last blind date I went on, the lady in question said that she was going out to get a packet of cigarettes.

I never saw her again.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Smoking definitely kills.

After only 2 minutes of the last blind date I went on, the lady in question said that she was going out to get a packet of cigarettes.

I never saw her again.

:lolol:

You do realise she didn't actually go to get a packet of cigarettes, don't you?

E2C1AAA0-F8D3-44FA-9819-00E066A2883A.jpeg

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here