Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small sections of our away support at FGR

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I’m certainly no prude and spent over 30 years in law enforcement. I can assure you I have seen and been subject of some disgraceful behaviours over my career, but the constant use of the ‘C’ word grates above all else and afraid this was evident again last night at the game. I was embarrassed on behalf of our supporters as there were youngsters and women there and quite frankly it was appalling!

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I’m certainly no prude and spent over 30 years in law enforcement. I can assure you I have seen and been subject of some disgraceful behaviours over my career, but the constant use of the ‘C’ word grates above all else and afraid this was evident again last night at the game. I was embarrassed on behalf of our supporters as there were youngsters and women there and quite frankly it was appalling!
If people don't act on what they see & hear it will continue

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If it was Boxing Day 2000 I’d have to agree, well wettest away game, I was stood underneath a constantly dripping drain for 2 hours. Wettest I’ve been at any game has to be the Swindon Play-Off game and the thunderstorms that night, both obviously worth every drop of water.
Pretty sure Torquay was New Year’s Day ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two causes.

1. Cocaine and alcohol combined.
2. Post lockdowns, the UK’s twats/chavs are treating freedom with an unbridled wish to do anything they want. Whether that be attacking the emergency services, road rage, littering, assaulting folk.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Find it totally the opposite to be truthful . Most the kids these days seem very melty and soft .

Was a lot tougher back in the day where no weakness could be shown . Nowadays they seem to embrace being weak .

9/10 youth melt when confronted .

Feel sorry for them these days . Bloody awful time to be late teens and 20s

I think it’s gone two ways.

Kids/adults who fit the description you give.

But others who think they’re King Kong after a combo of booze and coke, some have dabbled briefly in stuff like Muay Thai and MMA and think they’re a fighting machine. The police/paramedics have talked about this change, thugs who now brazenly want to attack them or others, zero respect. Some coppers told me about the huge increase in road rage in Sussex in the last 10 years, they routinely deal with incidents, it’s commonplace now for males to have a hammer or similar in the drivers door.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

English police or American law enforcement ? I am ex Sussex Police and would probably had a word in their ear...................

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Two causes.

1. Cocaine and alcohol combined.
2. Post lockdowns, the UK’s twats/chavs are treating freedom with an unbridled wish to do anything they want. Whether that be attacking the emergency services, road rage, littering, assaulting folk.

Had to double check thought I'd stumbled into a political thread and it was another observation of Boris and his cronies :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not really. We didn’t all behave like knobbeads in the 70s and 80s.

Sorry, I did. Only in the early 70s though

But I was full of testosterone, had only recently discovered alcohol, girls and other substances and may not have taken much sage and what I now recognise as wise 'advice' too seriously

I apologise again :wink:

*disclaimer^ I wasn't there last night so don't know

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think it’s gone two ways.

Kids/adults who fit the description you give.

But others who think they’re King Kong after a combo of booze and coke, some have dabbled briefly in stuff like Muay Thai and MMA and think they’re a fighting machine. The police/paramedics have talked about this change, thugs who now brazenly want to attack them or others, zero respect. Some coppers told me about the huge increase in road rage in Sussex in the last 10 years, they routinely deal with incidents, it’s commonplace now for males to have a hammer or similar in the drivers door.

True , it also doesn’t help that society seems to want to quash a man being a man so these lads are exaggerating the very actions that’s is part of them. The reality is men are still mostly alpha despite what is preached . They just need to be allowed and accepted to be what they are without over stepping the mark into bell ends. Otherwise it’s just putting a false lid on things . It will always blow .

It’s a perfect shit storm in many ways

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The radio commentary said there was a pitch invader near the end of the match, one of our fans?

No, it was a FGR fan, slightly tubby, quite random really, guess he’d been on the cider.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Hearing 2 blokes trying to rhyme he comes from Paraguay, with 'he'll ****ing murder ya' was equal parts embarrassing and hilarious at the same time

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Find it totally the opposite to be truthful . Most the kids these days seem very melty and soft .

Was a lot tougher back in the day where no weakness could be shown . Nowadays they seem to embrace being weak .

9/10 youth melt when confronted .

Feel sorry for them these days . Bloody awful time to be late teens and 20s

I generally think each generation / society throughout 20th century into current has got progressively worse. Less respectful. More selfish. Less dutiful. More individualistic. Less caring. More depressed. It’s no wonder really. Everything that binds people together has been eroded. Divisions exacerbated. Stresses magnified. Rest of this century does not look great. I feel my parents generation were luckier than I. And mine are definitely luckier than the next. Anyone being born now…I fear for this generation. They’re inheriting a world so filled with catastrophic scenarios that frankly only global revolutions (which tend to be bloody) and a whole reset can remotely begin to tackle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No one of theirs, just a buffoon really.

The FGR response team was a little slow off the mark :lolol:

Insufficient protein in their diet.

(I'm talking meat).

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Apart from the occasional drink and going with a regular group of mates home and away I too have never touched any drugs (apart from alcohol) and avoided aggro though witnessed lots.

I'm amazed how many on here admit to it if honest.

I talk enough bollocks to random people at the best of times, judging by the effects of cocaine on people I know who’ve done it, it would make no difference to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You must be great fun at parties

I go out a fair bit and get to a fair few parties. I’ll let others decide if I’m fun but what I can tell you is I don’t do mountains of cheap pub dust and act like a teenager.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here