Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slowest Albion player?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
No votes for my ultimate slowest hero - but you've got to have been a fan for many years to remember the amazing ALAN DUFFY

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can I nominate player who looked really quick ( legs pumping like the clappers) but in reality was as quick as an asthmatic ant lugging a particularly heavy bag of shopping.........................Junior McDougald and sadly he only just pips CMS for the accolade.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
When we played Leeds away in that much where yelldell wore a pink jersey for the first half there was a moment that still ranks highly in my best moments at football. I was sat with the Leeds fans and in the corner near me was a foot race between our own guy butters and leeds' Brian Deane. Everyone started laughing at such a sight. "Run then" was a common shout. Butters got lots of grief so it was fun when he popped up for a late equaliser.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Wendy Wilkins. "Ran" like he had wooden legs (and not the Oscar Pistorius springy sort).

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I remember vividly a game against Southend at Withdean when they were defending a corner and the ball came out past Carruthers (who wasn't particularly quick) who was 25 yards from Oatway who was the last man back - Charlie looked like he was running through treacle as Carruthers went past him and scored.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
We did indeed beat Carlisle 4-1 at home that season, Cowfold, but your memory deceives you - it was fully three months before the Wolves game, on February 5th! The passing of time plays tricks on all of us, damn it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here