Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slowest Albion player?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Our back four was pretty pedestrian in 97 when Gary Hobson was the speed merchant of the group. Tuck, Morris & Humphrey would have struggled to clock a sub 20 second 100 metres.

Bobby Smith - great player, great header of the ball and good goal scorer but I think the booze had taken its toll when he played for us. I don't recall him taking his shirt of to display a six pack - more likely a beer belly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We have a winner. That's where I was going as well. The man could barely move when he played for us, but what a passer he still was, and he could hit a ball so sweetly. Remember him breaking the Wolves keeper's wrist in having a penalty saved in a 5-1 victory at the Goldstone the day we relegated them when Tommy Docherty was in charge, so hard had he hit it.

I remember that so well, it was in the 1984/85 season, and only my second ever Albion game. I had seen us destroy Carlisle 4-1 at the Goldstone earlier in the week, so having seen us score 9 and only concede two within a space of a few days I was well and truly hooked!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Dirk Lehmann. Seemed to pump his legs really fast but barely move.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Frank Worthington in his beer belly prime?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Wonderful skills and great vision, but John Byrne was slooooooow.

In more modern times, Jon Obika seemed to go backwards in a infamous one-on-one sprint. Who can remember the opponents?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Phil Stant.

I could grow a beard quicker than he could cover 15 yards.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Paddy McCourt.. he couldn't run could he?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here