Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slow ticket sales for Brentford

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe compared to a top seat in WSU or East it is but I think it is a fair price to pay in the smallest stand behind the goal game by game.

A 'top' seat in WSU? Thats one of the cheaper areas of the ground, as it is so far away from the pitch. The centre sections in WSL are the most expensive areas of the ground, 1901 excluded.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
The top drawer comment was not meant in a derogatory manner at all. As mentioned before, our games with you have generally been entertaining and I look forward to the match. I would say there are a couple of bigger games in the championship, for example Newcastle, Aston Villa, Norwich, Derby, Sheffield Weds lol, to name but a few. But as I said, I'm not demeaning your club or under the illusion that we are suddenly a 'big club'. Hope you enjoy the match if not the result!

I can understand the point, I'm well aware that no-one outside of the other West London clubs in this division would consider us a "big" game. There have been many excellent fixtures between us in the past with each and neither coming out on top - I always enjoy them and there tends to be a decent atmosphere. I fear for the result from our point of view but I'll definitely enjoy a warm Saturday in the pubs of Brighton!

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
I'm going to miss those pubs when Brentford move. I don't find Brentford FC difficult to get to at all but it should be even easier using Kew Bridge station. I see from the plans that you're looking to keep the feel of 'a pub on each corner' at the new place. I imagine that would be large bars in each section. I also read that that Brentford are hoping to keep the bars and food outlets open after the game as the Albion do now. I'll miss Griffin Park and it's terrace but look forward to the new place too.

Sadly The Royal Oak is already gone so we no longer have a pub on each corner. I never like seeing any pub close, but I've not been in any of the corner pubs for years (I don't actually know any Brentford who drink in any of them although some clearly do) - another bonus of Griffin Park is the number of pubs a short walk away aside from those ones. There are plans to keep the pub on each corner feel at our new ground and do what you do with the large bars open long before and after games. Probably a good thing, but nothing can replace the feel of a proper pub for me. I'll find it a sad day when we leave Griffin Park and it'll take some adjusting to but unfortunately even to sustain ourselves at the level we're at now we need to move on.

Sadly The Royal Oak is already gone so we no longer have a pub on each corner. I never like seeing any pub close, but I've not been in any of the corner pubs for years (I don't actually know any Brentford who drink in any of them although some clearly do) - another bonus of Griffin Park is the number of pubs a short walk away aside from those ones. There are plans to keep the pub on each corner feel at our new ground and do what you do with the large bars open long before and after games. Probably a good thing, but nothing can replace the feel of a proper pub for me. I'll find it a sad day when we leave Griffin Park and it'll take some adjusting to but unfortunately even to sustain ourselves at the level we're at now we need to move on.

New grounds certainly bring in the cash??? Good luck!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
update on these numbers with a couple of days to go...

the north has less than 40 single seat available - unusual at this stage, even, i think 3 days out in the play off semi - now only 29 seats left in entire ns
the esl is pretty much cooked also, apart the least desirable expensive seats in e1f - some esl sections sold out - 198 available, mainly e1f-e1h end
the esu has fewer seats available now than were available at kick off at most games last season - 344 available in esu
there are only 100 seats left in the wsu - now only 85 seats left across whole of wsu
the club have already made half of s1f available behind the goal.

I'm not sure how many of their 1800 brentford have shifted but i'm be surprised if they bring less than 1500.

If needed the club still have the other half of s1f and the southern half of e1h available for home fans, but apart from this, 400 currently on sale in the s and sw corner and about 500 in the wsl that's it! not much change here - half e1h and half s1f will be empty but not much more than medium sized "exclusion areas" around away fans

i predict 28480 to be at our first saturday 3pm home game for over half a year! prediction looks good...!!
big crowd

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Hopefully your new ground will have the same positive effect that the Amex did for us. Brentford always a great awayday even if for many of those games you have absolutely walloped us!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Hopefully your new ground will have the same positive effect that the Amex did for us. Brentford always a great awayday even if for many of those games you have absolutely walloped us!

Yup been o a couple 4 nil hiding. .......not good!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Somewhat surprisingly given we're playing top of the league still plenty of availability for the game this evening, looks like there will be less away fans travelling too so could be a couple of thousand down on Saturdays audience.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Somewhat surprisingly given we're playing top of the league still plenty of availability for the game this evening, looks like there will be less away fans travelling too so could be a couple of thousand down on Saturdays audience.

Beautiful weather, most people back from holiday, surely this is a game Albion fans should be desperate to see? Chance to give the table toppers their first defeat and to see if the team and manager can recover from their piss poor performances on Saturday. Bring it on!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Beautiful weather, most people back from holiday, surely this is a game Albion fans should be desperate to see? Chance to give the table toppers their first defeat and to see if the team and manager can recover from their piss poor performances on Saturday. Bring it on!!!

Back to school, little chance of getting home by train, low attendance IMO

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

Or a chance to see us get destroyed by a far better team?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Back to school, little chance of getting home by train, low attendance IMO

All attendances will be 25K + this season or better because we've sold 4K more ST than last season and 23K+ in all.
Train service is normal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All attendances will be 25K + this season or better because we've sold 4K more ST than last season and 23K+ in all.
Train service is normal.

Announced attendance maybe but bums on seat, nah

So one train going east of Falmer before half ten is normal, well I suppose it is under the current situation, but how is that going to attract a big crowd

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So one train going east of Falmer before half ten is normal, well I suppose it is under the current situation, but how is that going to attract a big crowd

I don't know but that isn't the planned service.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Or a chance to see us get destroyed by a far better team?

If you'll only go when you are guaranteed a win I suggest you are supporting the wrong team

Cannot believe that any Albion fan can be this negative after last season FFS

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
If you'll only go when you are guaranteed a win I suggest you are supporting the wrong team

Cannot believe that any Albion fan can be this negative after last season FFS

Im not saying i wont, but im sure after Saturday people will give it a swerve.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Im not saying i wont, but im sure after Saturday people will give it a swerve.

Sorry misunderstood your meaning and unfortunately I think you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here