Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slow ticket sales for Brentford

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
To be fair, Brentford Away is a much bigger draw than Brentford at home!

Who at home do you consider such a top draw in the second tier? I doubt anyone in the Championship beyond West London considers us much of "a draw" at home but we'll cope. Griffin Park on the other hand is probably one of the best away days you can have, probably too enjoyable.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who at home do you consider such a top draw in the second tier? I doubt anyone in the Championship beyond West London considers us much of "a draw" at home but we'll cope. Griffin Park on the other hand is probably one of the best away days you can have, probably too enjoyable.

Not really (sorry) its an arse to get to and from and the view is generally QPR esque i.e shit. So its a no from me...until you get yr new ground of course.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Enjoy the pubs, friendly atmosphere. The view and legroom is awful.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Not really (sorry) its an arse to get to and from and the view is generally QPR esque i.e shit. So its a no from me...until you get yr new ground of course.

Fair enough if you prefer a modern all seater to a traditional ground with terracing and plenty of pubs nearby (although our new ground should be alright as they go and still in Brentford at least).

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Enjoy the pubs, friendly atmosphere. The view and legroom is awful.

Doubtless it is, but there are numerous generic modern grounds with plenty of legroom and an unhindered view. Having said that, I quite like your ground which has a unique enough feel to it.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I love Brentford away but then I'm old and also love old traditional grounds. Great pubs all around as well. Who could ask for more.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
50941.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You're sort of a resident moron on this board aren't you? Is your life so empty and your interests in life so non-descript that you enjoy writing the nonsense you do ?

Do you log on waiting to see who's been reacting to your drivel?

In short you're wasting your time posting. People aren't outraged by you. If anything you're inspiring people to hold a pity party for you. You empty-headed vacuous waste of oxygen

And just for the sake of clarification, what is your point? :smile:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's the case for clubs who don't regularly sell out but I was under the impression you are often close to doing so - maybe that's not the case. Fair point though, I was under the impression from the title of the thread that the slow ticket sales were specific to this game.
The top drawer comment was not meant in a derogatory manner at all. As mentioned before, our games with you have generally been entertaining and I look forward to the match. I would say there are a couple of bigger games in the championship, for example Newcastle, Aston Villa, Norwich, Derby, Sheffield Weds lol, to name but a few. But as I said, I'm not demeaning your club or under the illusion that we are suddenly a 'big club'. Hope you enjoy the match if not the result!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

I dunno...Just prefer Brentford away than Brentford at home! But I prefer away days.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We have a similar turnout for most home games no matter who we play although this game is a cat A I believe and rather expensive.

Considering our location and the fact we have no rivals in this division we shouldn't have any cat A games :glare:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I'll be there😆

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We have a similar turnout for most home games no matter who we play although this game is a cat A I believe and rather expensive.

Considering our location and the fact we have no rivals in this division we shouldn't have any cat A games :glare:

I bought a ticket to bring a mate along and I'm sure it said Catagory B.

theboybilly

Fair enough if you prefer a modern all seater to a traditional ground with terracing and plenty of pubs nearby (although our new ground should be alright as they go and still in Brentford at least).

I'm going to miss those pubs when Brentford move. I don't find Brentford FC difficult to get to at all but it should be even easier using Kew Bridge station. I see from the plans that you're looking to keep the feel of 'a pub on each corner' at the new place. I imagine that would be large bars in each section. I also read that that Brentford are hoping to keep the bars and food outlets open after the game as the Albion do now. I'll miss Griffin Park and it's terrace but look forward to the new place too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What are the season ticket holder numbers v last season? Wasn't aware they had gone up, would be interested to know the numbers.

And yes you are probably right about the choice between the two, although I do know some people who much prefer an evening game albeit the travel arrangements are a negative factor.

They've gone up substantially since last season from c19K in 15/16 , club i think have never confirmed an actual figure, to an Amex peak of c23K this season/16/17, club again have confirmed they are > 23K but not an actual final figure.

in previous seasons ST Holders....
14/15 - 21,245
13/14 - 23,175
12/13 - 22,467
11/12 - 17,617
10/11 - 5095
Our average attendance last year was still 25,583 despite the low number of ST holders
Crowds this season with even an halfway decent performance on the pitch will struggle to be less than around 27K+ based on previous seasons/walk up/#of season ticket holders/away fans. Perhaps more if we, like last season, are regularly in top 2 or top 6.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here