Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slough Town want to build a ground in their town

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It gets better the same Slough Council also sold the Hockey Club stating similar reasons - Slough Mens and Slough Ladies had been European Champions - Ian Gould etc!!! They now play fixtures at Reading (Slough Ladies).

Slough Council is a joke in terms of what it's done for sport. I'd urge other sports fans to support Superphils link.

Apologies, rant over.

Interesting, thanks. I didn't realise Slough HC were a former powerhouse and held in high regard.

My former flatmate set up a Saturday league uni team and we played them on a very unkempt pitch by the side of a rather poorly maintained leisure centre.

As an aside, they were vicious and pushing the boundaries when it came to behaviour on and off the field. The first team (of 2004) were exceedingly unfriendly and racist to boot.

Signed though!

Jul 5, 2003
As a former resident of Langley I had to sign this. I used to go down to the old Greyhound Stadium to watch my old schoolmates play in their various Cup Finals (I moved down to Sussex in 1966 at the age of 7). I used to go back there just to go and watch them play.

It used to be such a hotbed of Youth football with leagues up and running many years before our Youth leagues such as the Arun and Chi League. Harvey Park on a Sunday morning was like a mini 'Hackney Marshes'. My mates used to play in Langley and many of the kids from the area used to get pro contracts with the likes of QPR, Brentford and Reading. I barely hear of any kids making it from the area these days which is a sad reflection of the area today. It's sad that the likes of 'TSB' immediately think it has to be a Tory council that runs down sport. Slough was always a strong Labour region and Joan Lester was their long running Labour MP in the 60s and 70s. Even in Langley, which, when I lived there, was a proper 'Tory style' Village, the "Vote Lester, Labour" signs used to dominate. I was only a small kid at the time but that made a big impression.

Peter Osgood was brought up in Slough. I think he was quite good. He will be turning in his grave to see the situation today!

Bring Slough Town home!!!!!!!!!!!

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Signed.
Spent my childhood in Slough. Devastated by events since the heady Conference days. Saw my first ever game at the Dolphin vs. Dagenham in the Athenian League.
Props to all, esp. SuperPhil and EricYoung59, great stuff.

Cheers, we probably watched same games ..... I remember Skelmersdale in Amateur Cup with a certain Steve Heighway playing for them. First a Rebel then a Seagull now - just a Seagull!

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
As a former resident of Langley I had to sign this. I used to go down to the old Greyhound Stadium to watch my old schoolmates play in their various Cup Finals (I moved down to Sussex in 1966 at the age of 7). I used to go back there just to go and watch them play.

It used to be such a hotbed of Youth football with leagues up and running many years before our Youth leagues such as the Arun and Chi League. Harvey Park on a Sunday morning was like a mini 'Hackney Marshes'. My mates used to play in Langley and many of the kids from the area used to get pro contracts with the likes of QPR, Brentford and Reading. I barely hear of any kids making it from the area these days which is a sad reflection of the area today. It's sad that the likes of 'TSB' immediately think it has to be a Tory council that runs down sport. Slough was always a strong Labour region and Joan Lester was their long running Labour MP in the 60s and 70s. Even in Langley, which, when I lived there, was a proper 'Tory style' Village, the "Vote Lester, Labour" signs used to dominate. I was only a small kid at the time but that made a big impression.

Peter Osgood was brought up in Slough. I think he was quite good. He will be turning in his grave to see the situation today!

Bring Slough Town home!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to play for Pathfinders, run by a certain Mr Gillard, his son was playing for QPR. Harvey Park, had to check for dogs muck and stones before a slide tackle!!!

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Cheers, we probably watched same games ..... I remember Skelmersdale in Amateur Cup with a certain Steve Heighway playing for them. First a Rebel then a Seagull now - just a Seagull!

EY, I was going to mention the highlight for my STFC days: the Amateur Cup Skelmersdale game. Roll on Hitchin Town, Tilbury, et.al. Come on you Rebelllls! And I thought I was the only one invested in your Rebels/Seagulls handle.

What's not to like a club with Hannibal and Paris knocking in the goals in the heyday...

As Lord B correctly notes, Slough is definitely not an AONB (lol). As for Peter Osgood, I believe he was raised in Windsor, 8 miles away. Poor Windsor, so close to God, so far from Slough.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
And just to add, you chaps are brilliant, in true NSC/BHAFC tradition, for sticking up for a little team well off the radar that desperately needs help. Sincere thanks from me.\:bowdown:

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
EY, I was going to mention the highlight for my STFC days: the Amateur Cup Skelmersdale game. Roll on Hitchin Town, Tilbury, et.al. Come on you Rebelllls! And I thought I was the only one invested in your Rebels/Seagulls handle.

What's not to like a club with Hannibal and Paris knocking in the goals in the heyday...

As Lord B correctly notes, Slough is definitely not an AONB (lol). As for Peter Osgood, I believe he was raised in Windsor, 8 miles away. Poor Windsor, so close to God, so far from Slough.

You are correct and drank enough to fill his boots in The Wolf if my memory serves me right. Do you remember the cup game against Blyth Spartans at The Dolphin also ? As we both seem to have been at the Skem game. Also recall a really strange game - (think this topic came up a few weeks ago) Slough Town v Iceland ??

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
You are correct and drank enough to fill his boots in The Wolf if my memory serves me right. Do you remember the cup game against Blyth Spartans at The Dolphin also ? As we both seem to have been at the Skem game. Also recall a really strange game - (think this topic came up a few weeks ago) Slough Town v Iceland ??

Blyth rings a bell but missed that one. Missed the Iceland thread too as well as the game.
<----Bad fan :down:

Mr. Spearritt, was it the Red Lion across from St Mary's church?

At age 12, I met Ron Hunt, the QPR No. 6 shirt on the Rodney Marsh League Cup team in ?1968? Lived on Trelawney Ave. He got me the whole QPR team autographs that season.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I have a friend who lives in Derbyshire, but still goes to a lot of Slough Town matches. I went with him a few times in the early 90's (when they were quite good), and he came with me to support Brighton on many occasions. So, I will sign the petition.

Jul 5, 2003
Blyth rings a bell but missed that one. Missed the Iceland thread too as well as the game.
<----Bad fan :down:

Mr. Spearritt, was it the Red Lion across from St Mary's church?

At age 12, I met Ron Hunt, the QPR No. 6 shirt on the Rodney Marsh League Cup team in ?1968? Lived on Trelawney Ave. He got me the whole QPR team autographs that season.

That's the pub. Still going strong today.

I think Ron Hunt's little brother went to Langley Marish School and was in the year below me. From memory he was in the same class as one of my mates.

I lived in Darwin Road which was a few minutes walk from St Mary's (the other side of the pre-fabs - just off Alderbury Road).

I used to go back to Langley for a lot of the school holidays and really wanted my parents to move back there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here