Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slough Town want to build a ground in their town

Jul 5, 2003
I used to play for Pathfinders, run by a certain Mr Gillard, his son was playing for QPR. Harvey Park, had to check for dogs muck and stones before a slide tackle!!!

My mates all played for Zebras. I believe they and Pathfinders were big rivals at the time!!

Didn't Ian Gillard play a few times for England? He would be in his early sixties now.

Great memories. Langley was such a good place in those days. Everyone seemed to know each other and when I went back, although I was visiting friends from my old street, I would often get invited round to see old classmates.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Slough Town currently play their home matches in Beaconsfield, and have been trying to get permission to build a proper "home" in Slough for years (sounds familiar). Recent developments have thrown their attempts to get this through, so there is a petition which they hope will attract enough signatories to get government to back down and let the local authorities deal with it and to get the project back on track.

"All we want is a football ground in Slough

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

A proposed development in the heart of Slough to include housing, community sports facilities and a home for Slough Town Football Club is in danger of collapse following interference from Central Government.

The Attorney General and the Education Secretary are looking to site a new school on the proposed development site despite a perfectly acceptable alternative already having been earmarked in Stoke Poges. This is politically motivated and aims to appease NIMBYs to the detriment of the people of Slough.

Following the enormous success of the Olympics we should be boosting communities with new sports facilities.

We want the government to stop their interference and allow the Local Council, elected by local people to proceed with the development that the local people want rather than forcing a school that is not wanted in another borough onto the people of Slough. "

Go on NSCers, do your stuff :clap:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47176

Signed>

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
This was worse than the Albion.

Slough Council moved Slough Town out of the Dolphin stadium which they shared with greyhound track, now a co-op.

Moved them to new tailor made ground on edge of Town at Wexham Park - supposedly for "life" with plans to develop training ground adjacent etc etc. Slough became established Conference Team and with Brian McDermott in charge reached FA Trophy final at Wembley and finished fourth in Conference.

Slough Council - no interest in football in Borough !!! and sold ground under their feet. Slough demoted as not able to demonstrate ability to fulfill fixtures and ended up playing at Windsor & Eton, now at Beaconsfield. It's been an almost 20 year exile for a big non league team who have produced a number of professionals - Micky Droy, Eric Young, David Kemp ....

It gets better the same Slough Council also sold the Hockey Club stating similar reasons - Slough Mens and Slough Ladies had been European Champions - Ian Gould etc!!! They now play fixtures at Reading (Slough Ladies).

Slough Council is a joke in terms of what it's done for sport. I'd urge other sports fans to support Superphils link.

Apologies, rant over.

Signed-lots of affection for Slough Town-used to occasionally watch them in the seventies,when visiting my grandad who lived in chalvey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here