Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade or Wise?

Slade or Wise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The season is just 4 games old ffs, plenty of time for Slade to turn this season around.

Why is it necessary for this kind of kneejerk reactionary bullshit everytime we lose?

Why not try getting behind the team? (including the manager, board and coaches at the club)
I'm not sure you've read the thread properly, I made it in response to this thread: Dennis Wise (Reprise) - North Stand Chat
Simply to gauge the opinion of NSC users, I'm not sure where you've seen this "kneejerk reactionary bullshit" of yours. If you'll look, you'll see the reaction is hugely in favour of Slade over the purported replacement Dennis Wise, as I expected it to be.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The trouble is we heard this argument last season and some were still saying it in February so excuse us who have differing views this time around

So did all this bullshit calls for the manager to go work last time round? what about the consequences of their demands?

Its easy to find fault and demand instant changes, why does it seem impossible to let a manager have a little time to put things right anymore, he will have identified problem areas and will be working on it in training, all changing the manager will do is delay this while finding someone to take over, for them to work what needs changing etc.

Also the financial implications too, paying off a perfectly good manager imo and paying for a new one - just because someone lives in cloud cuckoo land and thinks because they support a team, then they have to win every game or the manager has to go cos its not good enough

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Slade 100%. I still think he's the man to turn it around. If we are still down in relegation trouble by october/november time then I may change my mind. I dont think wise would be the right replacement though.

Btw, a quick word to all the posters on this thread who are having a go at wise. I dont like him either, and he is a nasty litlle s**te, but are you honestly telling me that if he got us promoted you still wouldnt go and watch us under his leadership???? Ill support this club through thick and thin, no matter who is manager!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I voted Slade, not because the alternative was Wise but because he deserves more time. If the other choice had been Coppell I'm afraid I would have wanted the bald one gone as Coppell would be the best long term man and I'd sacrifice the principle of more time for Slade to land SC.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'll go with the honourable man rather than the snide shit that breaks one of his own player's jaw while he is sound asleep

Not that i'm advocating violence but he didn't punch him while he was "sound asleep", he was having an argument with another player, by saying he was asleep is saying that he was unable to defend himself, which clearly isn't the case ! :thumbsup:

Mar 10, 2006
Slade 100%. I still think he's the man to turn it around. If we are still down in relegation trouble by october/november time then I may change my mind. I dont think wise would be the right replacement though.

Btw, a quick word to all the posters on this thread who are having a go at wise. I dont like him either, and he is a nasty litlle s**te, but are you honestly telling me that if he got us promoted you still wouldnt go and watch us under his leadership???? Ill support this club through thick and thin, no matter who is manager!

Spot on

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looking at the 14 who want Wise, they seem to be the same people always calling for our manager to be sacked. Some people seem to only be happy when our manager is under pressure. We were all having a go at Norwich for sacking Gunn so early and now there are 14 people on here who want Slade sacked after 4 (that is four) games (we have not even finished August yet). I hate the idea of Wise as manager (although would support him if appointed) and Slade is a hero after last season. I will be sickened if Bloom is so short sighted as to sack him now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here