Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky TV the Financials - is it worth it and what can we do about it ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
if there were no season ticket holders and every game was POTG how happy would the club be then?

If the club said they would reduce ticket prices by a tenner a match and the aim was to avoid relegation each season and do no more would fans be happy?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why do we always LOSE on sky ???

*snigger*

7-0 in the last 2 HOME matches.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Also while we are on this contract bollocks the parachute payments for failed clubs should be banned!
Would you sstill say that if we got promoted and our wage bill increased 3x in order to be competitive?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Club are saying that there is a possibility, based on early demand, that ST ticket renewals / sales for 16/17 will be the highest ever and "could sell out"

That's probably true given the possibility of promotion. Must be a lot of wealthy people in Sussex who will renew, but not attend when game is on TV. :whistle:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Club are saying that there is a possibility, based on early demand, that ST ticket renewals / sales for 16/17 will be the highest ever and "could sell out"
I sincerely hope that's true. I am excited about next season already whichever league we are in. If in the premier, we'll surely see further quality added to the squad and if not, I think we have a very good chance of winning the championship.

Does that quote include 1901 renewals?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Given my location, it is only befitting that I can at least watch BHA games with my own eyes, though I do feel for many fans who couldn't attend games because of Sky dicking around with kickoff times...

Then I realize the national TV cable here does not offer Sky. :tantrum:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
How about Sky and the clubs that make up the football league agreeing to put a cap on the number of games that can be moved for TV per season and if Sky want to move extra games STH who can't attend these extra changes should be compensated. We all accept that when we purchase a ST some changes to the fixtures are inevitable we are a victim of our own success this season but the amount that have been moved is a tad excessive!

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Why can,t sky just move the kickoff times for away teams and not home ones as basically it will effect fewer fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here