Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky TV the Financials - is it worth it and what can we do about it ?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Even using the basis that those you go with spend way more than a tenner, say for arguments sake £30-£35 the value to the club of that is potentially 15-20% of that total dependent on the terms of the sodexho deal

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Two season tickets at Huddersfield next season = £358
Two season tickets at BHA ( WSL ) next season = £1480
I assume we are offering x4 the value for money?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ive seen comment over the last few days on here about mk dons, charlton and now huddersfield offering cheaper ticket deals for next season. Its all relative I guess but a glance at the table suggests the extent of those clubs ambitions is remaining in this division. Do I think we offer 4 times the value that huddersfield do? Probably not but I think many here wouldnt take Huddersfields league position either

SAC

May 21, 2014

The 10 hour round trip to West Yorkshire would soon become a bit of a drag. Getting home at 3:30AM after an evening match wouldn't been fun either.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
El Pres quoted the correct figures in another thread, but this season we are getting approx 2.4m in loyalty payments from the Sky TV deal . Next season it is thought to go up to over 6m. That is without being shown on TV at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ive seen comment over the last few days on here about mk dons, charlton and now huddersfield offering cheaper ticket deals for next season. Its all relative I guess but a glance at the table suggests the extent of those clubs ambitions is remaining in this division.

Maybe they're not losing as much money as we are?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't like Sky and what it's doing to football. Unfortunately, I can't see a damn thing that any of us can do about it.

Ditto.
From the moment that Irving Scholar and David Dein started their push for elitist football and Alan Sugar then took over at Spurs, there was vested interest in putting as much into satellite broadcasting as possible. It has principally allowed clubs to trade way above their means and pay exorbitant wages to tempt a lot of top foreign players ( who wouldn't otherwise be here ) to ply their trade in the PL.
Sadly, the quality on offer is not keeping pace with the constant rise in ticket prices and players wages. The game is now awash with money at the highest level and the players enjoy such a position of comfort and security, from an early age, that questions have to be asked as to whether the drive and hunger in the game is still there.
The divide next season between PL and Championship income from the TV deals is so huge that clubs in the second tier that do not have parachute payments will simply not be able to compete. A sort of ' elite ' 6-8 clubs will develop in the Championship, who yo-yo up and down and will always be in a stronger position to bounce straight back.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Huddersfield price is for the first 10,000 only with no price released if this figure is reached. Given that we have far in excess of 10,000 ST holders and a different price structure by area of ground and travel, the comparison is skewed. Still good luck with your commute to Huddersfield.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Two points.
Firstly, two tickets in the north stand will set you back £950. Still more but not the worst case scenario you always try and paint.

Secondly, Huddersfield have some serious competition for supporters within a 35 mile radius. Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Doncaster, to the East and Manchester, Burnley, Blackburn, Bolton etc to the West.

Within 35 miles we have Crawley.

Add into the mix that Huddersfield have less than 10,,000 sth then you can see why they are doing something to attract more fans.

And then it's a question of what's on offer. Assuming we at least make the play-offs then that's 3 top 6 finishes in the last 4 seasons. Huddersfield are currently 16th and in the 3 previous seasons they have been 16th, 17th and 19th.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Uddersfield might get more booms on seats if they spent that dosh on recruitment, to enable their fans to enjoy more success.
Most real fans don't mind moderate increases in ST prices, if they see cash ploughed back into encouraging better results.
I'd bulk at increases if I thought that TB was having two lobsters for lunch.....however with the money he endlessly feeds back into the club he must be struggling to afford a plate of winkles. :wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Secondly, Huddersfield have some serious competition for supporters within a 35 mile radius. Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Doncaster, to the East and Manchester, Burnley, Blackburn, Bolton etc to the West.

And a top rugby league team - in fact, it's the home of rugby league. I know there's not the overlap there once was but there's still a bit of one and that's going to be an option for sports fans in the area

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Still, look on the bright side: if you're a ticket holder who can't make it tonight due to being jerked around by Sky, the club will still thank you for coming :thumbsup:

And you will still count towards the attendance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here