Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports vs BT Sport

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Is Now TV not a more viable option to going back to a full blown Sky package? Been using some Now TV offer passes for the movies, and a real alternative to their full package.

We have NOW TV now as well, use it to buy the odd game at £6.99 which is ok, where we live we should pick up maximum channels via BT, sadly for us, we have very high woods right behind us which does not do the normal aerial signal any favours, so we can only pick up mainly basic channels, the sky dish is not affected, maybe I should have explained this in my last post. but mainly, "ere indoors" wants Sky back, mainly due to the very varied signal we at present recieve, at the moment, due to the weather, we use the free channels we can still get via Sky as the signal is perfect, FWIW we are changing back to Sky broadband as well........we are not massive fans of everything BT.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have NOW TV now as well, use it to buy the odd game at £6.99 which is ok, where we live we should pick up maximum channels via BT, sadly for us, we have very high woods right behind us which does not do the normal aerial signal any favours, so we can only pick up mainly basic channels, the sky dish is not affected, maybe I should have explained this in my last post. but mainly, "ere indoors" wants Sky back, mainly due to the very varied signal we at present recieve, at the moment, due to the weather, we use the free channels we can still get via Sky as the signal is perfect, FWIW we are changing back to Sky broadband as well........we are not massive fans of everything BT.

We might be moving soon so I've got the whole ditch Virgin and go with BT or not. Interesting what you say about BT though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've got BT and can get sky sports1,2 and 5 for about £20 a month on top. This can be taken just for a month, which is perfect for Test cricket. All the providers are money grabbing ****s.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks Bozza didn't even know Liverpool Arsenal was on. 2 great goals immediately. Can't you deliver that for the Albion.

Time to edit. 3.

Edit again. 4

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We might be moving soon so I've got the whole ditch Virgin and go with BT or not. Interesting what you say about BT though.

Not sure how unique we are in this, but when we spoke to BT they assured us our post code returned the best signal etc, when we went on the BT signal search, it said the same, its not BTs fault, but the Woodland behind / above us really does knacker the signal and affects the reception to a major extent, but as I say it's hardly their fault...........having had Sky and hating it for its cost etc, in our opinion, it does provide the best for us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure how unique we are in this, but when we spoke to BT they assured us our post code returned the best signal etc, when we went on the BT signal search, it said the same, its not BTs fault, but the Woodland behind / above us really does knacker the signal and affects the reception to a major extent, but as I say it's hardly their fault...........having had Sky and hating it for its cost etc, in our opinion, it does provide the best for us.

Sorry, I don't get this.

BT channels come down your phone line.

You're talking about terrestrial channels coming through your aerial - that's got nothing to do with BT at all.

Sky/Virgin, of course, dish/cable those channels to you so you don't need your aerial, but it's still a bit much to blame BT because you can't get decent reception down your aerial.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I'm on youview, Talktalk, currently paying £20 for add on of all skysports and movies. And only have to do month at a time, again as per previous poster it is good for when test cricket on

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watching the speed and movement in this game makes me wonder what teams like this would do to our current defence...........

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We ditched Virgin TV in November and now have Netflix, Amazon, and Boxnation on subscription, Freeview Play with Chromecast and Now TV for the odd one off purchases. Not much sport, other than boxing, but otherwise tons of choice for a much lower monthly outlay.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Binned Sky Sports some months ago and now either watch via a stream or buy a 24hr pass via 'Now TV'. Makes a huge saving on the monthly bill. Thought I would miss it, but after a week or so don't even give it a second thought

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We moved from Sky to BT last year, as soon as our contract is up in March, we are going back to Sky
Go back for half price. There's no reason to pay more.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Is it just me or do I notice a serious erosion of Sky Sports live coverage of anything much for all its plethora of sports channels. Yes, I know there's a lot on over a year, but looking for something of interest tonight it seems mostly "old stuff", compendium shows, and "greatest moments" rather than sparkling live action.

I understand that their vital investment in the Premier League from next season means they have let go a lot of rights - and the Premier League is paramount to their business model. Tonight BT has Liverpool v Arsenal and PSG v Lyon, while really it is Milan vs Carpi (Italian Cup) or Eric Bristow's greatest moments !

Hurts a bit when I see the price that Sky costs these days. Maybe time to move to BT given that both is too much for any ordinary family to bear in my view.

Bin them both and get use KODI.

I was with sky for years. The cost started becoming ridiculous for the package I wanted so decided to switch to BT as I never watched a lot of the sky channels such as sky1, Atlantic etc

We decided to switch to BT as they gave us a brilliant offer including the Infinity broadband and sports for a very good monthly price and used the inlaws sky go for the footie, cricket, F1 etc.

Then (from here) a few years ago I learned about streaming Brighton games and quickly realised that virtually any high profile game is available online.

Started with Acestream and now on Kodi.

If your broadband is good, at least a 25mb fibre for eg. Then go for Kodi. The streams are pretty good quality and if you have the right add ons most are in HD. I always sit down and watch a Saturday 3pm game if I'm indoors.

As soon as my BT TV contract expires I'm downgrading to a freeview box but upping my broadband connection to make proper use of Kodi. In my eyes there isn't a better system, within reason you can watch any TV channel in the world whenever you want.

I love it.

On payday I'm buying an amazon firestick to play kodi instead of plugging my laptop into the TV and having leads everywhere all the time

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bin them both and get use KODI.

I was with sky for years. The cost started becoming ridiculous for the package I wanted so decided to switch to BT as I never watched a lot of the sky channels such as sky1, Atlantic etc

We decided to switch to BT as they gave us a brilliant offer including the Infinity broadband and sports for a very good monthly price and used the inlaws sky go for the footie, cricket, F1 etc.

Then (from here) a few years ago I learned about streaming Brighton games and quickly realised that virtually any high profile game is available online.

Started with Acestream and now on Kodi.

If your broadband is good, at least a 25mb fibre for eg. Then go for Kodi. The streams are pretty good quality and if you have the right add ons most are in HD. I always sit down and watch a Saturday 3pm game if I'm indoors.

As soon as my BT TV contract expires I'm downgrading to a freeview box but upping my broadband connection to make proper use of Kodi. In my eyes there isn't a better system, within reason you can watch any TV channel in the world whenever you want.

I love it.

On payday I'm buying an amazon firestick to play kodi instead of plugging my laptop into the TV and having leads everywhere all the time

Looks like it's round yours on Saturday afternoon then, armed with a six-pack of Double Diamond and a Party Seven.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Looks like it's round yours on Saturday afternoon then, armed with a six-pack of Double Diamond and a Party Seven.

Of course mate. Do I need to go to Iceland for some finger food? I'm trying to diet so I'll pass on the Double Diamond, I'll have a bottle of whisky instead (25ml is only 2points, a cider is 8points!)

I'll have her and little'un in the house though. I could always lock them in the bedroom so we have the run of flat for the arvo...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here