Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
1) Bullock and James got divorced in 2010.

2) The other Jesse James was not involved in the Gunfight at the OK Corral. That was between the Earp family and The Cowboys, a bunch of outlaws led by Ike & Billy Clanton. Jesse James was part of the James-Younger gang and was killed by Robert Ford one of the gang members. When the battle at the OK Corral, which is in Arizona, took place James was already hiding out in Missouri trying to avoid law enforcement, a distance of around 1,300 miles.

This joke du jour style slap down made me actually LOL. Brilliant.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe its Potter and Bloom genius? Sign a contract extension Yves or you might end up at Villa. :D:D

I think the contract extension is a valid point.

My guess is that the club have a new 5 year contract drawn up for Biss and his agent is arguing the toss over the salary. I suspect the agent has said to the club that Biss is one of the most in demand players in the EPL, the club have then detailed to the agent that they’ve received no interest in him at all.

The agent then sees the Coutinho story and texts Dharmesh Sheth to say that Villa are interested.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the Albion become a team that regularly finishes in the top half of the table then one of the plusses will be when we do have to sell our best players it will be to Top 6 / Champions League clubs in Europe and not to binner clubs like Villa who haven't finished in the Prem Top 10 for over a decade.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
This may be true but the fact that Biss is no longer subject to Bail conditions says a lot (except to thick as mince Palace fans)

It doesn't say a lot at all. The bail act changed in 2017 to remedy the problem of suspects being held on police bail for months on end. An alternative was introduced of being released under investigation (RUI) instead of formal bail. He's been RUI'd and contrary to a lot of people's opinions this doesn't mean he's in the clear nor does it indicate the state or outcome of the investigation. He's in exactly the same situation as before, a suspect in a case waiting for a decision.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
No loan fee but according to journalists who usually know about Barca business, Villa are going to pay a small majority of his (absolutely obscene) wage.

How does one pay a small majority of his (absolutely obscene) wage????

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How does one pay a small majority of his (absolutely obscene) wage????

80k of the 150k net salary per week?

If true sounds quite cheap for a player of his quality

What?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Is this just paper talk or an agent doing a job for a player? Maybe, maybe not

Would Villa offer us £50m + for Bissouma? Plausible

Would Villa offer Bissouma £100k per week? Yes I think so

Would Bissouma take the move to Villa? I believe yes, he'd consider it a stepping stone

Would the above happen in this window? Again, I believe yes. Villa will be spending big

Will Tony Bloom sanction the deal? No. He'll consider Villa a direct rival and will reject any bid.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
These asset stripping attempts are getting up my 'ooter..... Lamptey, Biss, Cucurela ... in the summer maybe, but not yet.... we were lucky to hang on to Locadia for so long, I felt sure Barcelona or Bayern would have stolen him long before Bochum got lucky

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Biss will go to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
We are the Biss stepping stone, his next move will be to a top 4 club or RM or Barce... he won't want another stepping stone like Villa or Newcastle... he knows it's just a matter of time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No one is buying him for obvious reasons.

However whoevers going to bid £60m in the summer will get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
This may be true but the fact that Biss is no longer subject to Bail conditions says a lot (except to thick as mince Palace fans)

I’m not sure it says anything at all considering this ‘thick as mince Palace fan” learned that Mendy, who has been accused of eight offences against five different women, including seven counts of rape relating to four women, was released on bail today.

So what exactly does it say to you about Biss then, that I’m too thick to understand?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I have a feeling that Bissouma will go for less than most of us think he's worth (i.e. less than £50m).
And if Villa are the top bidders we'll let him go.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think he will go for 35m in the summer. Liverpool are crying out for a player like him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
The reality is, if he had two years in his deal he would be a £60m player. He doesn't, and he's still on his original deal, so probably not on more than £50k a week.

I guess the club would be prepared to make him a top earner along with Dunk, what's that £120k? And include a deal to go to any champions league club that meets valuation. You'd like to think that the support he's has from the club that he'd like to stay, but I can't see us letting him go on a free next summer, so it's likely hell go for around £20m this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here