Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He scores goals but still looks pretty average to me. Like CMS at Peterborough.

I wouldn't be that fussed about him.

Look at that team that CMS was in - Boyd, McCann, Tomlin, Aaron Davies, Frecklington, they would maraud forward ... hard for him to fail really ... plus he only ever did it in L1

Rhodes on the other hand has been surrounded by mediocrity and in a club that has it's fair share of backroom difficulty.

He's too expensive at £12-14M but his record can't be compared to CMS

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
absolute nightmare if he does sign for Weds. that's one play off place now gone.

funny how other teams take a couple of days and bag a top striker while we get screwed about by numerous SA's and complain its tricky getting the right guy in

Or they're willing to risk their financial stability on exorbitant wages and we're not?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He would be a fantastic asset to our club. EXACTLY what we need, a striker who actually knows where the back of the net is. Those who don't rate him are clueless.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why is it only Championship clubs are after him and not Prem clubs?

Why is that relevant? He's certainly had Prem interest in the past., but we play in the Championship where he has consistently scored a lot of goals.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He would be a fantastic asset to our club. EXACTLY what we need, a striker who actually knows where the back of the net is. Those who don't rate him are clueless.

There's a big difference between not rating him and not thinking he's worth 12m.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see Rhodes going anywhere before Transfer Deadline Day.

Blackburn will want a bidding war.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rhodes on the other hand has been surrounded by mediocrity and in a club that has it's fair share of backroom difficulty.

Does that mediocrity include Conway, Marshall and Gestede - one a winger who impressed many with his crossing while on loan here, the second a wide player we bid for over the summer and the third his former strike partner now plying his trade in the Prem?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Does that mediocrity include Conway, Marshall and Gestede - one a winger who impressed many with his crossing while on loan here, the second a wide player we bid for over the summer and the third his former strike partner now plying his trade in the Prem?

Ive seen Gestede suggested as having played a vital role in Rhodes goalscoring last season and a suggestion that the lack of a quality partner is holding him back this time round.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why is it only Championship clubs are after him and not Prem clubs?

I'm not really very interested in why Prem clubs are not after him, but its probably because he is totally unproven at PL level.

He has a consistently excellent goalscoring record in the Championship. We play our games in the Championship. I would like us to have a striker with an excellent goalscoring record in the Championship.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
He scores goals but still looks pretty average to me. Like CMS at Peterborough.

I wouldn't be that fussed about him.
You might not like him or rate him but you can't argue with the amount of goals he has scored at some fairly average clubs.
And he is at pretty much the perfect age.
Who would you suggest who has a better scoring record in the championship, is younger and if such a striker existed would cost us less than the suggested £12m ?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm not really very interested in why Prem clubs are not after him, but its probably because he is totally unproven at PL level.

He has a consistently excellent goalscoring record in the Championship. We play our games in the Championship. I would like us to have a striker with an excellent goalscoring record in the Championship.

For £12 million, I'd want a striker with more than just a good goalscoring record in the 2nd tier of English football.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

They have (had) some decent players but it ran right through that Posh team of 5 or 6 years ago. They were a far superior L1 side than Blackburn are or were in the Championship, I think it makes Rhodes record all the more impressive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports