Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yup. I mean, who on earth would want us to buy a striker that hasn't failed to score at least 21 goals every season since the 09/10 season, and looks on course to do it again this season (10 so far)

09/10 - 23
10/11 - 22
11/12 - 40
12/13 - 33
13/14 - 25
14/15 - 21

That is pretty impressive in anybodys book but of course some of the experts on here are looking down their noses at him. If the Wednesday deal goes through, it makes them dead certs for play-offs and they will be pushing for top two.
Although Rhodes lacks pace, he has the best positional sense of any striker at this level. That's why he will always score goals. He is a classic ' right place, right time ' finisher.
Sadly, some of the posters on here have shown their complete ignorance by rubbishing his ability.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have to say, all joking aside, I'm a tad jealous of this transfer, if it happens, too.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Wednesday seem to be attempting the Derby Patented method of achieving promotion by collecting strikers. Let's hope it works out as well as it did for Derby last season.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Perhaps raised by others - have not been through all the pages but Isn't Rhodes father Andy on the coaching staff at SWFC (as goal keeper coach)?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wednesday seem to be attempting the Derby Patented method of achieving promotion by collecting strikers. Let's hope it works out as well as it did for Derby last season.
This. It is fortunately not as simple as "Spend £12m on a striker = Get Promoted".

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This guy is a ready made , young , proven goalscorer. Worth pushing out the boat for. Shame that it appears he is out of our league.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
absolute nightmare if he does sign for Weds. that's one play off place now gone.

funny how other teams take a couple of days and bag a top striker while we get screwed about by numerous SA's and complain its tricky getting the right guy in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There were stories that Wednesday couldn't afford Hooper's full wages to sign him permanently, so I have no idea how they'll afford Rhodes' pay.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
For me Rhodes would have been a no brainer but seeing as Blackburn were playing silly buggers in the summer I can see why we did not go for him then. His record speaks for itself, he has consistently scored in a very poor team, I'd be concerned if Wednesday have indeed bagged him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ridgewell at Portland? Certainly no-one registered to us. Highest paid player is over £20k a week but nowhere near that ridiculous figure. And yes I do know this.

Yes, that is my understanding as well, but that was prior to Knockaert signing.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
absolute nightmare if he does sign for Weds. that's one play off place now gone.

funny how other teams take a couple of days and bag a top striker while we get screwed about by numerous SA's and complain its tricky getting the right guy in

Not strictly true as this is Wednesday continuing a previous interest in the player. Its not just them thinking overnight, lets ask about Rhodes at Blackburn.
As we do our business very much under the radar who's to say that we dont have several irons in the fire

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not confirmed yet. We could still be in for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's turning 26 in a few weeks.

Would rather someone younger.

Perfect age, he's in his prime and has plenty of experience. If he stays fit he's still got a good 3-4 years at his peak, and would still have some resale value in a few years time. I'm astonished at the people who think he's no good, his goalscoring record at this level speaks for itself.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Perfect age, he's in his prime and has plenty of experience. If he stays fit he's still got a good 3-4 years at his peak, and would still have some resale value in a few years time. I'm astonished at the people who think he's no good, his goalscoring record at this level speaks for itself.

Why is it only Championship clubs are after him and not Prem clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here