Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports 5

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Surely this will free up space on the other SS channels for more domestic lower league games (or just as good more cricket)?

I'm interested in how the free broadband offer works for existing customers. Will enquire.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm confused. If you already subscribe to the sky sports package it's included? So do we have to register for it? What about the free unlimited broadband if you're already on sky unlimited broadband?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm confused. If you already subscribe to the sky sports package it's included? So do we have to register for it? What about the free unlimited broadband if you're already on sky unlimited broadband?

From the Telegraph

Sky Sports 5, free to existing Sky Sports subscribers, will also be the home of qualifying matches for the European Championship, Spain’s Primera Liga and the Copa del Rey among others.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Me too. Not worth subscribing to Sky Sports 1 and 2 through BT Vision if much of what is offered at the moment moves to Sky Sports 5. What's the betting that BT Vision eventually offer Sky Sports 5 as well but at an additional cost?

Same here - at £20 pm for the SS1 & 2 it is hardly worth it anyway..

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Me too. Not worth subscribing to Sky Sports 1 and 2 through BT Vision if much of what is offered at the moment moves to Sky Sports 5. What's the betting that BT Vision eventually offer Sky Sports 5 as well but at an additional cost?

It's La Liga and Champions League (that's just for one season though) I'm most gutted about losing. Need find a decent streaming site for the new season, would even pay if it was guaranteed quality. Would consider paying for SS5 if they offered the choice but I doubt that will be an option.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'd rather have a channel dedicated to College Football and MLB. ESPN's coverage is really sporadic.

Who likes this 'soccer' rubbish anyway?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's what I'm worried about. Can only get BT in my flat, so only have SS1 and SS2. Will be cancelling if they only keep English football on those channels.

And that's exactly why they've done it. Won't work in your case but they're hoping people will ditch BT.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
And that's exactly why they've done it. Won't work in your case but they're hoping people will ditch BT.

Will be interesting to see what happens, as the Champions League is obviously a massive draw for BT season after next so a lot of people will want to go back to BT ready for next summer.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That's what I'm worried about. Can only get BT in my flat, so only have SS1 and SS2. Will be cancelling if they only keep English football on those channels.

You can't get talktalk? Also uses youview box and you can get all the sky sports channels.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
TalkTalk? HahaHAhaHAHaHAHA, no sorry, but..... hahahahaha! Ha ha *cough* ha!

I'd rather pay £200 a month than go anywhere near those *****. And before you say "well it's been fine so far" just wait until something goes wrong. Worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with (slightly edging out BT for that award).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just found out that, as a Sky Sports 1 and 2 subscriber on BT Vision, I can now get Sky Sports 5 at no extra cost on Channel 524. It seems that Sky Sports 5 has been available to BT Vision viewers since 15 August but nobody at BT felt it worthwhile telling their customers. Indeed, I only found out about the new channel today.

Greatly enjoy watching Spanish footy when there are no League/Premiership games on so well chuffed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Greatly enjoy watching Spanish footy when there are no League/Premiership games on so well chuffed.

The Ajax v PSV game was a pretty good alternative to the Sunderland v man utd game yesterday aswell.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Just found out that, as a Sky Sports 1 and 2 subscriber on BT Vision, I can now get Sky Sports 5 at no extra cost on Channel 524. It seems that Sky Sports 5 has been available to BT Vision viewers since 15 August but nobody at BT felt it worthwhile telling their customers. Indeed, I only found out about the new channel today.

From memory I think they emailed all their customers.

Now watching SS5 more than any of the other sports channels.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
From memory I think they emailed all their customers.

Now watching SS5 more than any of the other sports channels.

I didn't get that e-mail but thanks for letting me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here