Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sky commentators shocked at Brighton supporters leaving early

TWO TRIBES

Jul 15, 2012
HERSTMONCEUX
Hour at Falmer for us the idiot on the tannoy was even tell people not the get onto the Lewes only train if you were travelling to Eastbourne :tosser: You could quite clearly see there was hardly anybody on the platform for the five to ten train yet the queue was back the Amex side of the slope.

And all this crap about lack of rolling stock yet they managed to lay on a 12 coach train for 200 Palace fans

I agree... this instruction to wait on the platform for the Eastbourne train is plain ridiculous....Every train that leaves from that platform stops at Lewes so the obvious instruction should be that everyone gets on the train and clears the platform
to allow more passengers to access the platform and every one can change trains and continue their journey from lewes. If you are travelling to Eastbourne you can often get a quicker connection on the southbound London line.
So message to all fans heading anywhere in the Lewes direction , TAKE CONTROL``JUST GET ON THE FIRST TRAIN TO LEWES EVERY TIME....`AND IGNORE THE ADVICE OF THE MORONS IN FLUORESCENT JACKETS``.....

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What's the issue with leaving, game lost and nothing to sit there for except hearing our most despised rivals lording it up, yeah good times :shrug:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
What's the issue with leaving, game lost and nothing to sit there for except hearing our most despised rivals lording it up, yeah good times :shrug:

Agree, I stayed till the end but I completely understand anyone wanting to get away as soon as they scored the second. Most depressing night for ages only got worse by having to endure the glee and delight of the Palace fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree, I stayed till the end but I completely understand anyone wanting to get away as soon as they scored the second. Most depressing night for ages only got worse by having to endure the glee and delight of the Palace fans.

Indeed. In the last 5 seasons, I've missed a total of about 4 home games. Last night was the only time I've ever left before the final whistle. My two boys and I left on 94 minutes, not out of disgust at our players or anything, but because I couldn't stomach watching the Palace celebrations. If anyone has a problem with that, I really don't give a toss.

And as for the argument of "the players deserved an ovation for their efforts over the season", we gave them that after the Wolves game. They performed tremendously and deserved that lap of honour. The play offs were a different thing altogether, and this is really rare from me, but yes, I feel the players let us (and themselves) down badly last night.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It crossed my mind to leave at 0-2 which certainly would have been a first. I didn't but wouldn't blame anyone who did.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't really give a flying **** what sky commentators think. If the players had put in as much effort playing as I did watching (9 hours of driving, two half days off work and a hotel) we would have won. I left after the second goal as I was totally pissed off and couldn't bear watching Palace fans lording it.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Announcing the change of plan to hold palace back when one down with 15 to go was the club saying we are going to lose you might as well leave now.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Announcing the change of plan to hold palace back when one down with 15 to go was the club saying we are going to lose you might as well leave now.

It did feel a bit that way. Likewise, announcing Man of the Match so early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here