Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The sex appeal of the team has taken a hit with Orlandi being released

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A little gutted about Orlandi, he'll be at Sunderland next year. Glad Bruno has been offered a new contract.

I hoped Ankers would get the nod over Brez, he didn't put a foot wrong when he covered for Tomas for a few games.

Now we need a manager to get the players to stay and get Wardy back . . . .

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Hmm.......isn't this all a little premature?

What if we are releasing players that our new manager has a use for? What if we are recruiting players that our new manager doesn't want or need? What if our new manager has a list of targets (a la Oscar?). What will happen to the new manager's list? The same that happened to Oscar's?

Shirley we should have the new manager in place before we start the game of swapsies?

I think many of those released would have been on higher wages than we want to pay in the future so it is pretty academic whether or not the new manager wanted to keep them

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

What if we are releasing players that our new manager has a use for? What if we are recruiting players that our new manager doesn't want or need? What if our new manager has a list of targets (a la Oscar?). What will happen to the new manager's list? The same that happened to Oscar's?

Shirley we should have the new manager in place before we start the game of swapsies?

"...The club has to lodge a "retained list" with the Football League before this Friday, 19th May..."

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

We have to provide a retained list to the FA by the 19th May. There is absolutely no guarantee the club will have appointed a manager by then. They're right to act now and I think most will agree with the decisions they've made.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Because the Football League need the list ASAP and since we have no idea when a new manager will be installed - the decision was taken now. We couldnt offer them all contracts as then if the new manager didnt want them, we have a big chunk of our wage bill taken up and there is a possibility that other clubs might not want them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Don't want Ward to get away...... but why would he want to sign for us managerless - if Wolves want him and are more stable...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stephen Ward earned a new contract and he will be missed. Keith Andrews might be hard to replace?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

They also have worded it as "unlikely to offer deals to". I guess if a new manager wants them, they'll come back, but I think it's, well.... unlikely

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I totally agree, why cant this wait? However....the PR does say they needed to submit something to the league before Friday.

Over the two years TK has been largely good for us so even though not a surprise because it was widely reported, am a bit disappointed he has gone...ah well, all suggests a summer of signings......

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hoskins is the only player I'm disappointed to see leave. Strange how we spent all that money for nothing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gutted about Kusch - wrong decision for me. Perhaps an insight into the budget issues and frustrations the managers have had...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
FFS......Gets coat

My posts today are not working...thats my excuse anyway

:ffsparr:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So we are left with just flapagren in goal. Eeek

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Disappointed to see Orlandi go, but hasn't been fantastic when he's appeared for us this season. Would also have rather have kept Brezovan over Casper.

Saddened by PIG's departure, been very good for is IMO, and expect he'll now end up as second choice in a Premier League side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here