Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Presumably Lualua won't get a game until about two-thirds of the season is over, then he'll fall down in the first game, cut inside onto his right foot in the second, blaze one over the bar in the third and disappear for the remainder of the game... I mean 'season'. :shrug:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
find it odd that people want to keep Hoskins. he hasn't been fit for the last 3 years; whos to say he wont be injured for the next 3 years?

last time he came back everyone was singing and dancing about how we have a new player, 3 games later and again he was out for another year and a half :facepalm:

I accept that this will go down badly with a lot of people on here but im really not fussed about him leaving. its not exactly like hes been prolific and someone has swooped him away from us, he done **** all for the club and the team so why should he be allowed to stay

rant over.

Unlucky with 2 very bad injuries.

He isn't a sicknote a la Buckley, Vicente, Kitson and I don't think he is lazy a la Agustein, Harley.

It's just very, very short sighted to say that because he hasn't played he isn't worth keeping. He is clearly a good player, looked better than CMS before being injured and when he briefly returned again looked sharp.

That is why he is worth keeping. Bottom line is he will go and score goals for someone else now just like Murray did. We regretted letting him go massively and clearly we havn't learnt from the mistake, this club does terrible transfer business when it comes to strikers.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Today's most important news is the the LEGEND that is Inigo Calderon is here for another year.

:bowdown:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

(assuming he agrees a deal, obviously...)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's a lot of wages freed up. Chuffed that Kaz will be with us for another season at least.

I think the club has invoked the one year contract extension as a safeguard like they did with Vicente , if other clubs are interested in him they will now have to pay for the privilege.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Gutted to see Orlandi go. Top bloke and a proper talent on his day.

This indicates a BIG summer for Burke, I mean the "manager" to sign players.

Better fire up the latest copy of Football Manager for the recruitment team to start searching on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interesting that David Rodriguez has uprooted himself from Spain for just 5 pointless months at this club. Not ideal from his point of view, but he has been a bit shìt really.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Disappointed about Hoskins, unsurprised about any of them.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Unlucky with 2 very bad injuries.

He isn't a sicknote a la Buckley, Vicente, Kitson and I don't think he is lazy a la Agustein, Harley.

It's just very, very short sighted to say that because he hasn't played he isn't worth keeping. He is clearly a good player, looked better than CMS before being injured and when he briefly returned again looked sharp.

That is why he is worth keeping. Bottom line is he will go and score goals for someone else now just like Murray did. We regretted letting him go massively and clearly we havn't learnt from the mistake, this club does terrible transfer business when it comes to strikers.

Not sure he set the world alight when loaned to Sheff Utd

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Don't want Ward to get away...... but why would he want to sign for us managerless - if Wolves want him and are more stable...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't want Ward to get away...... but why would he want to sign for us managerless - if Wolves want him and are more stable...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A thumbs up would be done surely?! :lolol:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Would have kept Brez over Flapagren.

Really hope we can get Ward back, pushed Upson close to player of the year IMO.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hmm.......isn't this all a little premature?

What if we are releasing players that our new manager has a use for? What if we are recruiting players that our new manager doesn't want or need? What if our new manager has a list of targets (a la Oscar?). What will happen to the new manager's list? The same that happened to Oscar's?

Shirley we should have the new manager in place before we start the game of swapsies?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting that David Rodriguez has uprooted himself from Spain for just 5 pointless months at this club. Not ideal from his point of view, but he has been a bit shìt really.

I'd genuinely forgotten he was even here until I read that article - says it all really.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shirley we should have the new manager in place before we start the game of swapsies?

FL rules state that the retained list had to be submitted by this weekend, so we had no choice in the matter.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Assuming that he knew beforehand.... what affect did it have on PIGs form that he knew he wasnt getting a new contract? Did we score an own goal here?

Also not sure I agree with both Bruno and Indigo (thanks Adam!) staying.... would have liked space for someone new to come through considering both their ages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here