Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Six points off United or FA Cup Final appearance?

You can choose one

• Pick up six points from Man Utd, but FA Cup semi-final defeat

Votes: 121 84.0%
  • No points off Man Utd but FA Cup final appearance

Votes: 23 16.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Something like this came up on TalkSport whilst we were driving home. (Don't judge - it was the only station still talking about the game).

One of the presenters said Brighton fans would prefer to be in the Cup Final and have lost to United tonight. I'm going to enhance that choice slightly by expanding it to the full six points we picked up from them this season.

Which do you choose?

Seagull Stew

Or it could be further expanded further to be European football (we'd need the 6 points for that) or FA Cup final.

We've been to an FA Cup final before but not qualified for Europe, so it's the 6 points for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Europe or a spanking by City, hmmm

Six points please, all day long….
Exactly.

Had it been Sheffield United in the final, I'd have taken 0 points and final. But it's not, it's City.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
6 points that will hopefully help lead to our first ever season in Europe, or a cup final that we'd have very little chance of winning?
6 points all day long thanks.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Were we not in contention for Europe, it would be the Cup Final everytime. The chance of silverware and glory.

But European football would break the ceiling of where the club's ever been before.

So for this season at least, it's going to be 6 points.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly.

Had it been Sheffield United in the final, I'd have taken 0 points and final. But it's not, it's City.
Same here.

City waiting in the final is the decider.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This United side have a very soft underbelly. They could yet f*** up top 4.

6 points and an outside shot at UCL, please.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The chance of getting into Europe via league position is much better than through cup success - at least with Manchester City waiting in the final! So, 6 points from United everytime please (plus the 5 points back from the PGMOL and at least 5 more we should have got from Fulham and Brentford!)

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
The 6 points. We would never beat City in the final. I look forward and expect to see KDB and Haaland destroy United.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
6 points. First 3 a great start to the season and tonight a special night.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
If we get Europa league then the 6 points all day. If we don’t then you never know what might have happened at Wembley.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Right back from when I first posted on NSC in about 1999 in our League Two days I have ALWAYS bemoaned the lack of importance that we've attached to the FA Cup. From the club putting out weakened sides to the fans saying we have to 'concentrate on the league'.

Both those have attitudes have changed a bit in recent times, and whilst I would love to see us win a trophy in my ever-shortening lifetime - my attitude might have changed a bit as well as I voted for the six points! As others have mentioned one of the caveats for that is City in the final, but also I would consider getting into Europe to be as good as winning a trophy. (If the six points meant the difference between something like 10th or 11th place I'd have voted for Wembley all day long).

That's only for this season mind, next year I want to see us concentrate on winning a trophy even at the expense of our league form (assuming it doesn't fall off a cliff and leave us in the relegation mix. Even then it would depend on who we had in the final).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here